Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Todesco
United States
Chicago Suburbs
Illinois
flag msg tools
Read it again, carefully...
badge
Hey! I bought OverText! I'm cooler than you!
mbmbmbmbmb

When I'm trying to figure out if I can play Trauma cards, I have to first note the investigator's max sanity/health (and for some reason players love to put their damage/horror tokens ON TOP of the number), then subtract the number of damage/horror tokens on it. As mentioned in this thread we're used to taking health/sanity tokens OFF the character card, which would make it much easier to note who has how much health/sanity so it makes me wonder why Mansions of Madness did it this way.

I think my next game I'm going to ask the players to do this in reverse so I can more easily see who has what. This should also speed up play, and I don't see much of a down side to doing it "Arkham Horror style" other than a slight increase in setup time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Cox
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

As keeper, I typically keep a cheat sheet with current health, sanity, and any super-high/low stats for each player (a note that this investigator has low dexterity, for instance) and mark it when a player is damaged or healed.

The investigators still use tokens on their cards as a double-check, but I find the sheet speeds the game along and helps me make quicker decisions on mythos targets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just been using the Arkham Horror tokens. Sure you have to use a lot of the 3-spots, but it makes my life MUCH easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Todesco
United States
Chicago Suburbs
Illinois
flag msg tools
Read it again, carefully...
badge
Hey! I bought OverText! I'm cooler than you!
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
I've just been using the Arkham Horror tokens. Sure you have to use a lot of the 3-spots, but it makes my life MUCH easier.

I thought about that, but I really don't like the idea of having to either break open both boxes...

I really like the cheat sheet idea, especially storing all the stats not just health/sanity. I'm thinking a small dry erase board or dry erase clipboard like sports coaches use, only without the basketball court pre-drawn... (A football field might be ok) Like this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly someone could do a mobile app for this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thisguy22 wrote:
As keeper, I typically keep a cheat sheet with current health, sanity, and any super-high/low stats for each player (a note that this investigator has low dexterity, for instance) and mark it when a player is damaged or healed.

The investigators still use tokens on their cards as a double-check, but I find the sheet speeds the game along and helps me make quicker decisions on mythos targets.

This is exactly what I do, along with an item summary so I know who has stuff worth breaking. It really helps speed up my turns, in addition to helping me avoid giving people hints that I'm considering coming after them with something. "Dude, what's your dexterity?" "Uhhhhhh, why?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.