BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Which microbadge to get first ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Buddha Meeple
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mb
Hello. After I have managed to get an avatar i'm now near the moment where i can get my first microbadge. And it is so hard, much harder than choosing an avatar!

If I get Carcassone microbadge (dont know how to put it here meeple ), other games I adore could feel offended - and same goes for each and every one of them: Citadels, 7 wonders, Cyclades, Twilight Imperium.

How did you guys have chosen your first badge ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
desmodus
France
Bantzenheim
flag msg tools
badge
Die Ärzte, Bad Religioon, Bauhaus, Dom Perignon, In Extremo, Joy Division, Lacrimosa, New Model Army, Nirvana, Officine Panerai, Placebo, Rammstein, The Sisters of Mercy, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, The Mission, Die Toten Hosen, Umbra et Imago
mbmbmbmbmb
What about soemthing concerning BBG?
I love BBG

Or anything else that caracterizes you.
Do you play with your girlfriend, do you have children, a preferred meeple color, can you find a badge about your Job, your country etc?
There are so many possibilities. It is not limited to games.
If you can't choose a game right now, just choose another subject:
Music, litterature, sports, and also some weird things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
godunow wrote:
Carcassone microbadge (dont know how to put it here meeple )

Use the serial number of the microbadge (e.g. 175), discovered by browsing the microbadges (or hovering above the one you like if you spot a user with it) with [microbadge=XXXX] where XXXX is the number.

mb

(Quote this post to see how I've done it, if my explanation is not clear enough.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Solution = Buy Two!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
There were like 10 microbadges when I bought my first, so it wasn't too hard a choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cedro Gomes
Brazil
Aguas Claras
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first MB was: "Puerto Rico fan"

But I suggest you buy something about you (Profession).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cedro Gomes
Brazil
Aguas Claras
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All MB available for purchase are here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/browse/purchase
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for the Modelo Fan to come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddha Meeple
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mb
Thank you everyone !

Idea of getting ones not connected with particular game at the beginning is great - I'm thinking about this one: mb, and thanks to Jasons wonderful generosity maybe this one: mb

Big hugs !

Edit: ehh mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
here is 5, you should be well on your way to 3 microbadges now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Two microbadges look uneven since you can only display five. You really should display at least three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddha Meeple
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ahh! Thank you thank you thank you !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddha Meeple
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mb
And now I can get four meeple !

You guys are amazing !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the "I love all games" microbagde you can see under my name, as it expresses an open minded and general appreciation for gaming as well as willingness to always try something new whistle

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/750
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Grognard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddha Meeple
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mb
From similar to 'I love all games' I have chosen 'Collector' - I love the thrill when unpacking new game, that thoughs 'What it will be like?'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.