flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
6.2:

Quote:
Despite being markers and not units [...]

Terrain, 24.3 first bullet:

Quote:
Cover is added to a unit's Fire Defense roll when fired at.

Fire Order, 34.15 fourth paragraph:

Quote:
An affected unit's defense plys its cover is added [...]

So they don't receive the cover bonus when fired at? This interpretation is further reinforced by 26.4, barrage rules:

Quote:
If the targeted piece is a unit or a Sighting marker, add its cover to the target number [...]

Here it says explicitly Sighting markers benefit from cover when being the target of a barrage, whereas they are not mentioned in the Direct Fire rules. This is the way we played but it felt very awkward - it should be easier to hide a gun in a forest rather than in the open. Were we right? Or did we get too rules-lawyery? I thought getting to rules-lawyery was impossible in Chad's games, but maybe we missed something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep reading 6.2 (my emphasis added):
Quote:
Despite being markers and not units, all Sighting markers have a morale stat of 13. The sole effect of this inherent morale is to allow Sighting markers to suffer attacks by barrage and by HE direct fire attacks as if they were units.

I think that covers it. Sighting markers do benefit from cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
For purposes of being fired at, treat the Sighting Markers as units - they benefit from cover, roll d10s, etc. For all other purposes, they are markers, not units - so they could not, for instance, move, deploy, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
waffel wrote:
...but maybe we missed something?

You missed reading rule 6.2 all the way to the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Kwiatkowski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nick, I missed it. Chris, that is exactly what I thought and what seemed to make sense but the quotes I found confused me. Case closed then, enjoy the game :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.