Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this equally good with 3/4/5 players? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There really is no balancing scale in this game. Some of the scenarios have rules scaled for different numbers of players, depending on what the goals are, but when you play this game, its mostly for the goofy B-movie experience.

With 50 scenarios, any of them can be thrown off and imbalanced for either side depending on the # of players, the tiles that have been revealed, the items that have been found, etc.

Personally, I find its more fun to play with more people, but you can't really mess up strategy balance because everything leading up to the haunt is so random to begin with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
Personally, I find its more fun to play with more people, but you can't really mess up strategy balance because everything leading up to the haunt is so random to begin with.

Agreed. I've played the game a few times with 3 players, but it's just not as fun as with 5/6 players. The more the merrier it seems like.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is not balanced. Do not look for a balanced experience.

I agree that it is more fun with more players. 4-6 is all good. 3 is possibly slightly less fun, but still works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with 2 players, each controlling two adventurers, is better than 3 players. Once the traitor is revealed the other player takes controll of the three heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ross
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
We've found that some haunts don't work very well with only 3 Explorers. We added a house rule that with 2 or 3 players, each player has 2 Explorers. When the Haunt is revealed, the Traitor passes his/her other Explorer to the player on the right. This way, every game has 4, 5, or 6 Explorers instead of just 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.