Park Previs
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
someone please explain to me how this works... i know that spies get revealed first, and then the rest of the representatives get revealed. but exactly in what order?

1 - the speaker reveals first, and uses his spy on someone before anyone else reveals.

2 - OR do all the spies reveal at once, and the speaker targets a facedown representative, and so on...?

i am not the greatest rules reader, so your help is much appreciated by myself and especially my friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Washington Irving
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaker reveals their spy first, then spies are revealed clockwise. Representatives targeted by spies are revealed.

I don't think the rules state when to reveal other representatives. Two systems come to mind: right after the resolve spy step (so that during bargaining everyone knows how many votes each player will have) or have each player show their representative when they vote (this is the last possible time to reveal and still know how many votes a player casts).

Also, note that spies may target face up representatives (e.g. spies that already went or reps that survived previous spies.)

Edited to be correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
KalKraken wrote:
I don't think the rules state when to reveal other representatives.

Actually, they do say Page 12, at the end of "Resolve Spies":

Quote:
After all Spies are Revealed, all unrevealed Representatives are turned faceup (but their abilities are not resolved at this time).

The abilities themselves are resolved as specified on their cards, usually during or after voting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Park Previs
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
okay, so my next question would be:

does the first person in order use his spy to target a card before the next person reveals his spy?

OR, are all spies revealed in order, and THEN they choose a card to target in order.

I am guessing that a single spy is revealed and used to target another representative, and THEN the next spy is revealed and used to target a representative.

thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Coleman
United Kingdom
Hampton
Middlesex
flag msg tools
sp00ne wrote:

I am guessing that a single spy is revealed and used to target another representative, and THEN the next spy is revealed and used to target a representative.

That's how I read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I read it, too; it says to go around in order, revealing and resolving. If it was to reveal all spies first, it would probably have just said so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pooch doggington
msg tools
I've been searching the forum trying to make sense of representatives, you've been very helpful but just to clarify -

If the person going first (the Speaker) chose to send a spy as their rep, they:
- Reveal their spy
- Choose any opponent's facedown card and choose to do their action (so there's a mindgame here of guessing who has sent a vulnerable councillor and choosing them)
- After this has been resolved, the next person with a spy reveals it and can then use it to target the revealed Speaker's spy or any facedown representative (and so it is risky for the speaker to send a spy, since he might be assassinated by a subsequent spy)
- Then other cards are revealed clockwise from the speaker, and resolved in this order

If someone could confirm this is right or make any comments it would be very welcome indeed so I don't confuse our gaming group! It's a hard game to teach people...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that looks right, except for the last point - the non-spy representatives can all be revealed at once, because if I recall correctly, none of them have "timing" situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pooch doggington
msg tools
Thanks, this forum (and its users) is a godsend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.