Popular Tags: [View All]
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I signed up for Gencon but will it be sold there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure some of the vendors will have copies, yes. But it'll be available weeks before that through online retailers and local game shops. The current projected release date is July 8th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It could also potentially be sold at the Wizards booth but it doesn't say D&D or MtG on it so I wouldn't hold my breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cook
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Go Pack Go!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Wizards of the Coast would have it at their stand. They are notorious for not promoting any of their products unless it has Magic or D&D on the product. Like Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 was out in stores a whole week before they even had any info on their website that they were even making it. They are horrible at promoting games that are not Magic or D&D products.... They really frustrate me at times.

Edit: grammar and spelling...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I just hope they can continue this game for a bit before discarding it. I am of course saying this before playing the game but I am sure I would love to have expansions for this game. More sculpts, more aliens, more comics. Love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jefF, There are some who call me... DuneKitteh
United States
Wood Dale
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dune Kitty really does love you, despite any asshattery.
badge
Useless rollover, booya! Dune Kitty says, "deal with it."
mbmbmbmbmb
gamjuven wrote:
Yeah, I just hope they can continue this game for a bit before discarding it. I am of course saying this before playing the game but I am sure I would love to have expansions for this game. More sculpts, more aliens, more comics. Love it.

Like anything else, it depends on how well it sells. It's a mixed feeling/blessing thing having this game as Hasbro parent co vs. WOTC. While WOTC is essentially where anything not Magic or D&D goes to die, by many accounts their targets for sales seem to be a lot lower than the mass market Hasbro games. The main thing that BS Galaxies has going against it, vs. an item (system) like Heroscape is, as far as I can tell, there's simply no reason to buy more than one copy of the game. With Heroscape, everyone (including me) that got into the game bought several master sets and multiple terrain packs (to say nothing of multiple squads, but this is more of a terrain argument as BS Galaxies will probably see future ship expansions). I'm thinking that BS Galaxies is not going to see the kind of multiple copy sales that the limited audience for the game is going to produce, especially when there's no obvious reason to buy multiple copies. We'll probably see an expansion or three, as they're likely already in the works, but I don't see this pulling in the numbers Hasbro is going to need to see long term.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.