United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll be in southwestern Colorado for a few days in early August and I was wondering if anyone would recommend the train trip up to Silverton. It's quite expensive and not having ridden it before I'm curious if it's worth it. I'd love to do the zip line adventure (train in, 20+ zips, train out) but man...$400+ per person...too salty.

If the train isn't worth it, are there other things around Durango that are worth seeing (we'll be hitting Mesa Verde one day btw).

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't ridden the train myself, but steam locomotive fans who have say it's a lot of fun. You'll have to judge for yourself whether you are enough of a railfan to justify the expense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
You'll have to judge for yourself whether you are enough of a railfan to justify the expense.

Agreed. Just trying to find out if there are other aspects of the trip that would trump the train buffness of the experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.