Subject: Jump and risk-roll rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Holger E.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mountain 2. Normal Driver (can go 2 ), Energy left 35
After 5 moves (2 + 3extra), the street is blocked.--Player jumps (3extra-(2 for the move, 1 for the jump)
Now Player have to take a risk roll.
I said: failed risk-roll is total cost x 3, means: moved 7 + 1-jump = 8 . Sice driver can go 2, he is 6 over = 3 x 15 = 45.....has only left 35 and cant go that way.

He said: I moved only 7, thats only 5 over = 3 x 11 = 33 + 1 for the jump = 34 ...can go that way.

Who is right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kazaniecki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are you assuming the rider gets 1 space for free for the sheer fact that he jumped?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger E.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The driver gets no "free space", in our plays he have to pay one energy extra for the jump. He moved 7 spaces (incl. the one space he jumped over) + 1 extra energy for the jump.

D o o o o o X d o o
o o o o o o X o o o

D-driver to d
X-blocked space
o-free space

How to calculate the one energy for the jump, when it comes to risk-roll?
5 or 6 over the 2 steps, the driver can take normal ?
When the risk-roll fail, how much energy lose the driver?

5 over --- 11 x 3 + 1 (jump cost) = 34 or
5 over --- 11 x 3 + 1 x 3 = 36 or
6 over --- 15 x 3 (incl. jump cost ) = 45 ?

Sorry for my poor english

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kazaniecki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"moved 7 + 1-jump = 8" is plain wrong. He moved 7 spaces in total. Whether he had to climb over somebody's back to get there is a minor detail for which he's already penalized by 1 energy point lost. I don't see why you want to count the move over this space twice.

Whether you muliply times three the extra energy point is a completely different question, and I agree that I might have forgotten to specify it in the rules. In our group we don't multiply it, because it's the overall distance that makes him crack, not the minor obstacle of overtaking some riders on his way.

Wenn du magst, kann ich es gerne auf Deutsch auslegen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.