Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Talon Amores
United States
West Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lately it seems the Providence area has nothing but enthusiastic Magic, D&D and miniature wargaming gamers (I'd know since I'm one of those D&D enthusiasts), but it seems like I'm the only one who enjoys a good game of Paths of Glory or World in Flames in the entire state rather than D&D or Magic. All offers of playing any wargame, even Axis and Allies, are politely rebuffed. Well all right, a few games of Twilight Struggle and Washington's War were about the closest thing I got to wargaming, but those games nor their themes are really up my alley and the people I played with either have busy schedules to play more wargamers or aren't willing to try.

Anyway, I've just moved to West Warwick, ie even further from the Southern New England Wargamer meetup location, so that place is out of the question. Is there any wargamers that are around in the Warwick area? Hell, are there even any wargamers in Rhode Island? I'm getting my set of GDW's Third World War series next week and while I know the chance of finding a live opponent is astronomical, it wouldn't hurt to try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey man,

No idea about RI but check out these clubs that would be within reach for weekends-

Grogs
http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/33

Snew
http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/19

Snew is meeting tomorrow I think. Great bunch of guys. Geekmail Nick!

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Andy!

Not a GBG event goes by that I don't wish I could be there. One day I'll make it up there again!

Talon, I feel your pain. Keep trying!

While I know SNEW is a bit far from Warwick, we are having our yearly SNEWfest! on July 9th. We start at 9am that day and play until we drop. A complete day of gaming might make the long drive seem a little easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kircher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

There is one in Warwick. I cut my teeth on many of the old AH classic wargames. Have many GMT games which I would like to get to the table sometime. I try to get to SNEW, however work lapoons me too often.

I don't do too much with current lines of miniature systems. I like tank and naval battles, but perfer realistic rule sets like battlestations or tractics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Whalen, who used to run the recently closed Gamekeeper in Pawtucket, used to play a lot of World n Flames. If you can get in contact with him that might be a place to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.