BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Looking for a solo boardgame I once came up with... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Notnasiul Medusa
Spain
flag msg tools
Fist of all, hello! This is my first post in this awesome community

I'm looking for a game I found a while ago, whose name I can't remember. It goes something like this:

It represents the history of some set of caves through different ages. You begin with a piece of paper, draw a line on the top (the ground level), and start on the 'geologic era'. You throw some dices on the paper, and draw different types of caves around them depending on their value. You connect them according to new throws.

Then you play the next era, where some ancient creatures inhabit some of those caves. The time advances and you play, drawing and throwing dices, through different eras, watching whole civilizations rise and fall.

Does anyone remember such a game? I love the concept, and I think it's great for kids!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to be the first to say "Welcome!" I'm glad you could join us!

As for the game, I'm not sure I can think of it, though it does sound interesting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Taylor
United Kingdom
Chester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Welcome.

It sounds to me like you are talking about How to Host a Dungeon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Notnasiul Medusa
Spain
flag msg tools
YES! I had just found it and I wanted to write it here, but I see you've already found out. It's precisely 'How to host a dungeon'. I found it by 'googling' these terms:

procedural games piece of paper caves dices ages

as I remembered that I came across it the first time looking for information about procedural game content generation.

Thank you, nevertheless!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Notnasiul Medusa
Spain
flag msg tools
Well, you have been the first X) Thank you for the warm welcome. I have just found these forums and I guess I'll enjoy them a lot. While I am a computer engineer focused on digital games (http://playmedusa.com), I've always been attracted to and inspired by board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.