Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have experience of both of these games to give a comparison?

Ah heck; I'll be buying both in any case!

Regards,

Fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D6Frog wrote:
fentum wrote:

Regards,

Fentum

From every reliable source I've heard that Dungeon Crawler is pure garbage!

-rules suck
-crappy random CCG distribution with high prices
-poor art

Dungeon Run, should never be uttered in the same sentence as the nameless horror mentioned above! Do yourself a favor and keep your eyes on Dungeon Run!

Edit: According to their site, they did change from the random booster format to fixed decks. Still the gameplay, components, art, and price of Dungeon Run are infinitely better!

From what I've read about Dungeon Crawler is that the rules suck. Lots of games rules suck and then they publish new ones for you to download.

Care to point me in the right direction on where you heard things about DC? It's on my purchase list and I'd like to know if I should scratch it off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D6Frog wrote:
fentum wrote:

Regards,

Fentum

From every reliable source I've heard that Dungeon Crawler is pure garbage!

-rules suck
-crappy random CCG distribution with high prices
-poor art

Dungeon Run, should never be uttered in the same sentence as the nameless horror mentioned above! Do yourself a favor and keep your eyes on Dungeon Run!

Edit: According to their site, they did change from the random booster format to fixed decks. Still the gameplay, components, art, and price of Dungeon Run are infinitely better!

Ok ok I DO plan to get DR.
However, I have been checking out DC in some detail and it looks like it PLAYS well once you 'get it'. Looks pretty good actually

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Frog

Really appreciate your warnings!

I had read all the posts, Inc drak's, but there is something about the example of play and the latest session report that makes me want to give it a go.

I agree on pricing. I dread to think what it will cost in the uk. Starter set is ok but full set of delves is costly.

I would never look at it if it had random boosters, but now the extra cards are set, so much better.

The wide range of art styles does look a bit mental, but the lack of minis doesn't worry me. The gameplay is the thing for me.

Thanks once again.
Regards,
Fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.