Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning to create this at some point in the near future. At the moment I've just finished Doomtown and working on 7th Sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Zolyia
Romania
Sibiu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If somebody would lead me to a site that has card scans, or upload theirs i would be very interested in creating this game. As soon as i get them i will start doing the game.
Just PM me , give me a link and you will have the game in a few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that Eye of the Storm had 300 or 301 cards; I have a folder with 302 scans of the cards for this set (301 cards, plus 1 of the card backs). This folder is 33MB in size.

I also have a folder with scans of Judge of the Change (180 cards) and Thunder at Twilight (183, which is weird, there must be a repeat or two) which are, I believe complete sets. These 2 folders are 37-39MB in size each as well.

I don't think I can upload them up to the site, but if you provide me with your email I can send them to you directly.

It would be awesome if you could get this setup for OCTGN! Several years ago I started setting this up for the Lackey program, but I got stymied by a combination of missing scans, photoshop, and just general confusion as to how to use the Lackey software...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Zolyia
Romania
Sibiu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quickest response ever
e-mail : zolyiaandras@yahoo.com
Or you could upload them at Megaupload, i just saw someone today upload a 235 Mb file.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe...I just happened to be checking my account when you posted.

I uploaded the files onto Megaupload. How do you find them? Can you search for my name? It is the same there as my userid here.

The JotC and TaT cards are pretty good quality. The first set, EOTs, are not as good. The pictures are fine, but it looks like someone went in and typed in the text on the cards. They're functional but just don't look as refined as the others. I have high quality scans of 17 of the cards from EOTs that I uploaded as well, and they are in a separate folder.

Also, I noticed that you have a H.P. Lovecraft microbadge. If you are interested in the Mythos CCG, I have scans of those as well...

Let me know if you need anything else!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It didn't provide me with a link. I had to go and get it. Let me know if these do or do not work:

1. EOTS.zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3H7IBW4N
1.b A few better quality EOTs cards.zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z51SK6UE
2. Thunder at Twilight.zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1N7KC64D
3. Judge of Change.zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0GWI8L5T
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Zolyia
Romania
Sibiu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again thanks for the scans. About Mythos. After i'm done with Dune, i will go through the Mythos rulebook to see how the game works and such, and after that i will PM you or just ask for the scans on this thread.
I will probably have the OCTGN plugin ready by Tuesday. I may finish it till then, but i have 3 papers to turn in Monday

Saw the EOTS pics. I will work with them , but if anyone has the unmodifed versions of the cards, it would be great. I can replace the current ones with new ones in like 10-15 minutes so it's not a big deal for me. As i said i will use these , but it would be cool to make it with originals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I agree with you about having the originals. They would look so much better!

How is it that you would be able to replace the old cards with new ones so fast? On that note, what software do you use? I wish there was a manual explaining all the shortcuts and secrets to this kind of thing...

It would be awesome if you could get the OCTGN plugin ready that soon! I think many of us have been waiting years for something to be done about this game. I recently started buying up these cards again in order to get my collection back to what it was, but even if I get all the cards back it will be like pulling teeth to get people to play this great game; a plugin would be a godsend by making it easier (probably marginally!) to find people to play with .

I liked Mythos. It was a fairly simple game which gave you a sense of developming a story, thanks to the use of 'adventure cards'.

Edit: I found a site that has images of 56 of the cards from EOTs. I checked a random sample of them and found them each to be around 190-250kb in size. Would this be too small? This is the site:
http://ccggamez.com/index.php?opcja=listakart&idgry=83&idedy...

If you want them, let me know and I can do the leg-work of saving them and emailing them to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Zolyia
Romania
Sibiu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a tool that one of OCTGN Community Member created called OCTGN Editor. If lets say i create the EOTS set with the current cards , and i get the new cards after all is done, all i have to do is open the set folder ( that is what you are working with when creating it) and if for example i named the cards 001, 002 ,003 and so on, i just have to rename the new ones like that and make sure they correspond, and after that it's just Copy+Paste.
Game is almost done im just having a small problem with it. Should be done anytime now. I will post a screenshot with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Zolyia
Romania
Sibiu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the text on the cards is readable its good. I will download them. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Zolyia
Romania
Sibiu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As i promised here is a preview of the game.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/duneccgoctgn.jpg/
The rules are quite enigmatic, to put it that way, so i might miss one or two when i make the game. You will see when it's done and if it happened, let me know and i will correct it.

P.S. Someone will really have to teach me how to play this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The screen shot looks great, and that is a great choice for the background picture!

I am happy to teach if we can get a game going, although I have to re-learn the game myself after being away from it for so many years...!

Thanks for the insider information on how you managed to create the plug-in so quickly. It sounds like the OCTGN editor makes thing a heckuva lot easier. I remember monkeying around with the dimensions of the cards in photoshop when I was trying to upload them and pulling my hair in frustration over the resizing of them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gigantor
msg tools
I tried dune on octgn years ago, but could never get it to work right...

I have all of the eots set minus piter de vries, can scan if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Zolyia
Romania
Sibiu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, i have Piter from what JP was able to send me from EotS. I started working on the set already, but i will use the modified versions of the cards to fill in the blanks (lot of blanks to be specific). As soon as i get my hands on the rest of the scans, i will simply replace them and upload the set.
JP sent me 2 full sets (TaT and JoC) and about 20 cards from EotS. All the cards are 744X1020 300 dpi. If you want to scan your cards, it would be great if the cards would be about the same size. Doesn't have to be exactly the same, and it doesn't even have any impact on the game, it's just to make it look good .
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gigantor
msg tools
I'll work on the scans this weekend and I should be able to match that size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Zolyia
Romania
Sibiu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I will postpone the release of the game with probably 1-2 days then so that i may do it properly with all functions and with original scans from EotS. Many thanks Jason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gigantor
msg tools
I'm still working on these and will try to finish by tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Zolyia
Romania
Sibiu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, a quick question: are there any other actions in the game besides : adding/removing favor/spice/solaris/deferment token, subdue , engage? I want to get them all , so you don't have to download a new version of the game every day.
Thanks.

Edit: Also, the Guild Hoard and Imperial Treasury need to be countered during the game? From what i understood the GH is important but i have no idea about IT. I need to know it, so i may place the counters in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also - Capture

There are also the following things. They are more related to the turn sequence than actions, so whether you include them or not will depend on how you set up the plug-in. Does the program call out the turn sequence, or is it up to the players to state where the game is in the turn?
-4 different rites
-petitions
-setting of initiative rank

Can anyone else confirm the above?

From what I remember, both the Guild Hoard and Imperial Treasury need to have counters - the former because the GH number is important, the latter because players need to be able to dip into it to take out money to add to their own treasury. The number of counters in the IT isn't important as long as there are "enough" for players (the game setup says that the IT should start with at least 20 solari tokens, and that if it ever runs out to simply add more solaris to it).

EDIT: one other thing I forgot to mention/ask is how you set up the CHOAM Rate of Exchange. I don't know if you had to setup something complicated for this, but an easy way is to use this table that another BGG user uploaded:
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/663591/dune-ccg?size=original

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gigantor
msg tools
Still working on these. Sorry about the delay, but it turns out that editing 300+ images one at a time is really time consuming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Zolyia
Romania
Sibiu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry about it. I had a busy week too, so i doubt i would have done it at the date i promised. Take your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Zolyia
Romania
Sibiu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game is finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news! How do I get my hand on the plug-in?

AND - who wants to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Zolyia
Romania
Sibiu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment i am waiting for the scans of original cards. But, if you guys wish, i will just put the modified ones into the set, and when the good ones come out, i will just replace them. As you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, when did this happen?! I am definitelly interested in playing this. I've been playing Doomtown on OCTGN (and trying to find people to play 7th Sea as well), but this is another of my favourite games. I'd love to have the plugin. You should also put it on the OCTGN Game inventory for easy find by others: http://octgn.gamersjudgement.com/index.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.