Subject: 2010 reprint doesnt fit GMT trays!!?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Mancuso
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy with a 10 pack of GMT trays that I specifically ordered just so I'd have enough for this game (and the expansions). The trays just make it in but if I press them down to be flat, getting them out will be a pain because I'm sure the top will pull off or worse: the counters will burst everywhere!

This is just my warning to anyone who assumed like I did that the trays will in fact fit when they sadly do not. Why would GMT make trays that do not fit in all of the GMT game boxes??

Afterthought: if the above is my worse complaint about a company, then that company is pretty amazing. I will certainly still buy the great games they make.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How about trimming a narrow strip off the bottom edge of the counter tray? An Xacto or sharp scissors should do the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put ribbon strips under the trays so you can pull the ribbon to free the trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the Chessex brand counter trays and some old SPI trays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mancuso
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpnagel wrote:
How about trimming a narrow strip off the bottom edge of the counter tray? An Xacto or sharp scissors should do the trick.

I'm more than likely going to do this. Thank you!

darksan wrote:
I use the Chessex brand counter trays and some old SPI trays.

I would maybe use other trays but I already bought 10 GMT trays so I'd like to not have more empty trays than games, heh. But thank you.

Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
Put ribbon strips under the trays so you can pull the ribbon to free the trays.

I'm hoping that I won't need a ribbon if I trim the edge of the trays. But we'll see.

Thanks everyone!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.