Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Harris
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 10.8, Leader Movement, mentions that Leaders move any time their Brigade is activated, but leaves several details unspecified:

How far can a Leader move?
How many times can a Leader move?
Given that Leader proximity to Stands determines which units are In or Out of Command, and penalizes those Out of Command with one less action per rule 7.3, what would prevent a player from keeping a Leader with its units? Is the trade between maintaining proximity and allowing units to fan out, or perhaps dealing with involuntary retreat movement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Leaders move 10" per turn (see the Movement Distances Table) at the same time as their Brigade. They are allowed to move once per turn and are then finished with their turn. Basically, Leaders can pretty much move where they'd like - 10" is a long way on this map. BUT, the key is where they end up and what their Command Range is then to their units. Command status is determined only during the Orders Phase, so this will be measured at that time based on where the Leader ended his move in the previous turn's Action Phase. So yes, units fanning out or deploying on a wide front can be a major problem. Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Harris
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Leaders move 10" per turn (see the Movement Distances Table) at the same time as their Brigade.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't have the player aids available (at a scale at which I can read them), but I'll trust you that it's specified there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.