Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can support be removed from say Carthage (in the 3 and 4 player games) if the Carthaginian army is defeated?

And while I'm at it, does the Grand Coalition card have any effect on the Gallic Events table in the 3 player game? I couldn't find anything about it in the rules but maybe I just missed it. I mean, if the Gauls are now the allies of the Etruscans it would make sense that they would no longer be raiding their new buddies, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Can support be removed from say Carthage (in the 3 and 4 player games) if the Carthaginian army is defeated?

Yep. A good way for the Greek player to clean up Sicily and/or take control of Lilybaeum.

Quote:
And while I'm at it, does the Grand Coalition card have any effect on the Gallic Events table in the 3 player game? I couldn't find anything about it in the rules but maybe I just missed it. I mean, if the Gauls are now the allies of the Etruscans it would make sense that they would no longer be raiding their new buddies, no?

In the playbook under Three Players - "The Etruscan player is immune to all Gallic event rolls the turn Grand Coalition (#36) is active."

Thanks, Wray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Yep. A good way for the Greek player to clean up Sicily and/or take control of Lilybaeum.

What about Carthage's African holdings. Can Carthago ever lose support. I'm pretty sure I know the answer here but better to make sure I a guess.

Quote:

In the playbook under Three Players - "The Etruscan player is immune to all Gallic event rolls the turn Grand Coalition (#36) is active."

Somehow I missed it. Thank you much,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What about Carthage's African holdings. Can Carthago ever lose support. I'm pretty sure I know the answer here but better to make sure I a guess.

In a four player game, no as Carthago has no loyalty rating. In a five player game yes.

Thanks, Wray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I thought. Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.