Thunderstone: Thornwood Siege» Forums » General

Subject: Sad Villagers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Chavez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no more generic Villagers like there were in the first two sets; they seem to focus on making all Villagers come with the Mercenary tag. I understand the mechanics behind it, but now, in any expansion, if there's a card with the Villager trait, it is automatic to make it a Mercenary as well, even if it sounds strange in certain cases like the Trader or the Fortune Teller.

With that said, should the initial Villagers have the Mercenary tag as well just to encourage more synergy with cards that target them? While they are still useful, comparing them with their newer brethren make them appear to be an archaic design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hh amburger
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fully agree!
Of curse I like to fight monsters, but without a crowded village it´s just half the fun.

Free the villagers!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference between a Villager and a Mercenary is the Mercenary is useful in both the Dungeon and the Village. They're usually a little more useful than a Militia and since a lot of them have a card draw effect, they add an element of chance to Dungeon trips. The risk is that you (ususally) can't know what's coming and if you went in hoping to draw a hero and get a disease, you might not be able to kill anything and waste your turn.
I think a few new non-Mercenary Villagers in the future could be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.