Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Does exhausting a character also exhaust any attachments - or do they stay unexhausted ?

Thanks,

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamehearted wrote:
Hi all,

Does exhausting a character also exhaust any attachments - or do they stay unexhausted ?

Thanks,

Martin

You exhaust attachments seperate from the hero they are attached to. No exhausting the hero does NOT exhaust the attachment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nite Wolf
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exhaustion of characters and attachments is independent of each other. So you can for example commit a character to questing and heal him later in the turn with his attachment should he be (or get) hurt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
So when Steward of Gondor says exhaust Steward of Gondor, you only exhaust the attachment, not the hero?

I was puzzled, since the title is conferred on the hero, who then IS the SofG. But I like the independence approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
So when Steward of Gondor says exhaust Steward of Gondor, you only exhaust the attachment, not the hero?

I was puzzled, since the title is conferred on the hero, who then IS the SofG. But I like the independence approach.

Nothing in the rules or the card says that the title is conferred on the hero. It is a title, but the only modification to the hero is that he gains the Gondor trait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I share your confusion. It makes sense that an attachment would exhaust with its owner and not be independent. Be good to hear clarification from other fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarification on what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Your wish is my command:

FAQ 1.1 wrote:
Attachments and the card to which they are attached exhaust and ready independent of one another
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. M.
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okay, in most cases i don't understand the point of this resource non/exhausting. for some it is understandable, let's say Dark Knowledge (Exhaust Dark Knowledge to look at 1 shadow card that was just dealt to an enemy attacking you) or Self Preservation (Exhaust Self Preservation to heal 2 points of damage from attached character). It is logical you won't exhaust Dark Knowledge if there is no shadow card in play, or there is no point in exhausting Self Preservation if your hero suffered no damages... but why bother with it? Exhausting them costs nothing. Or does it? Seems like an unnecessary hassle remembering to exhaust or not to exhaust a Blade of Gondolin if I exhaust my hero for whatever reason? Am I missing something here??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tompa wrote:
okay, in most cases i don't understand the point of this resource non/exhausting. for some it is understandable, let's say Dark Knowledge (Exhaust Dark Knowledge to look at 1 shadow card that was just dealt to an enemy attacking you) or Self Preservation (Exhaust Self Preservation to heal 2 points of damage from attached character). It is logical you won't exhaust Dark Knowledge if there is no shadow card in play, or there is no point in exhausting Self Preservation if your hero suffered no damages... but why bother with it? Exhausting them costs nothing. Or does it? Seems like an unnecessary hassle remembering to exhaust or not to exhaust a Blade of Gondolin if I exhaust my hero for whatever reason? Am I missing something here??

As well as things like Self Preservation, it lets you keep track of what you have and have not done. No more arguing about whether you already claimed your resources from the SoG this turn. And, who knows, perhaps there will be cards that allow you to unexhaust attachments, or stop you from exhausting them, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. M.
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm new to the game, so i am trying to understand this. so basically, there is no "payment" for exhausting (or not exhausting) the atthachments? right? i mean, if you can exhaust it you (can) do it anyway, should it not influence the course of the game? right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tompa wrote:
i'm new to the game, so i am trying to understand this. so basically, there is no "payment" for exhausting (or not exhausting) the atthachments? right? i mean, if you can exhaust it you (can) do it anyway, should it not influence the course of the game? right?
There is no cost for exhausting an attachment (unless the attachment says there is a cost, and what it is). So you can exhaust it once each round, getting the benefit, and reset it at the end of the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. M.
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all clear now, thanx annuver!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.