Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Fresco» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few questions, regarding market tiles, Leonardo movement , and blending tables rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Mauro
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
First game, a couple of things I'm confused about.

1. I know you can only buy from on market, but can you buy the same tile twice? Since you don't remove the paint tiles until after all your purchases, aren't the same tiles available for purchase for your 2nd, or 3rd apprentice at the market?

2. The instructions say that Leonardo and the bishop always move to the freshly restored tile...but isn't this redunant since the instructions already told you to move Leonardo and restore a tile?

3. What is the purpose of the little blending cards if the table is on the back of the thing hidding your action card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
1). No, each tile is purchased once (or more correctly, each set of paints is available once).

2) Yeah, appears to be redundant. Probably a left over from a previous iteration of the rules.

3) Because the flip side has the expansion mixing paints. And sometimes it is hard to see the back of the screen so much easier to grab a card and look at it. But I would hope most people understand how to mix primary colors into secondary colors by now. So really all the charts are unnecessary to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I know you can only buy from on market, but can you buy the same tile twice? Since you don't remove the paint tiles until after all your purchases, aren't the same tiles available for purchase for your 2nd, or 3rd apprentice at the market?

Nope. One tile - one purchase. The game wouldn't work if you could buy multiples of the more difficult colours (green/orange).

2. The instructions say that Leonardo and the bishop always move to the freshly restored tile...but isn't this redundant since the instructions already told you to move Leonardo and restore a tile?

It means that Leonardo is closer to the/a players and not just off by himself. This increase the competition and importance of Leonardo's getting up time. Teleporting next to other players allows him to 'steal' the tile that they wish to restore rather than off in a corner by himself.

3. What is the purpose of the little blending cards if the table is on the back of the thing hidding your action card?

Um typically Queen Games did not see fit to give me a blending card but I think they include the pink and brown expansion colours that are not on the back of the cover board.

PS: I see Brian and my responses are slightly different. I may be wrong as I've only played the game three times. We agree that it's an eight though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Leonardo (as a pawn on the board) has no direct effect on the players. He starts with the bishop in the center. When it is his turn to go, he can only work on the tile that is orthogonally adjacent to his current position. If nothing is there, then he moves to the lowest. This is only a means to limit what tile he can work on and nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno about indirect... I've lost a game because Leonardo was used to remove the tile I wanted before I could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
monkeyhandz wrote:
I dunno about indirect... I've lost a game because Leonardo was used to remove the tile I wanted before I could.

Yeah, but the piece itself has no bearing on you as a player. You don't get bonus points, you aren't limited to him in any way. Of course, Leonardo as a player affects you or they wouldn't have put him in for the 2-player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Ron
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
mbmb
Leonardo always moves with the Bishop when a fresco tile is taken.

Relevant Text (Rules Supplement Page 4): Both the Bishop and Leonardo's master painter are moved to the newly restored space of the fresco.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blueart1 wrote:
Leonardo always moves with the Bishop when a fresco tile is taken.

Relevant Text (Rules Supplement Page 4): Both the Bishop and Leonardo's master painter are moved to the newly restored space of the fresco.

No, "always" is not true. Leonardo only moves when Leo restores a tile. If a human player restores a tile, the Bishop moves to the restored tile, and Leo does not. The Bishop and Leo are usually separate in the game.

Your rules quote is how to handle Leo restoring a tile (Leo is getting the points and the tile). So yes, Leo moves in that case (and the Bishop always moves, regardless if a human or Leo restores).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.