Subject: Scenario Order and Vassal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Blackmar
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played M9 and M11 as the Japanese and lost big-time to my son .

Would any of the play-testing crew like to rank the scenarios from easy to hard?

Daniel heads back to university in a week - any status on the VASSAL module !!

Thank You.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

William -- I can't help you with ranking scenarios (I'm part of the design crew rather than a playtester), but I'm glad you had a chance to try M11 Shattered Bobdubi. How did you and you son like the situation?

Congrats to him for beating the Japanese, as the the last time I played M11, the Japanese cornered and crushed the Australians.

By the way, most of my own testing of M11 was with my son, also named Daniel. Daniel almost always beats me at everything.

Happy Fathers Day! (Is it celebrated in Canada?)

Best, Volko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Blackmar
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko -- My Daniel is very good cc Pacific player. My record is 4 wins and 26 loses against him. I tend to read the scenario and setup in several minutes. He reads each of the scenarios, takes notes, and replays them later.

I will talk to him about M11 and see if I can steal his notes(!) and publish them here in a few days.

We have played six of the New Guinea scenarios now and I have enjoyed them all. I find them much deeper then most of the other scenarios. SO much more setup planning is needed, so many more things to be concerned about during play, new ways to die, and all the nature issues.

We are going to play M12 and M13 next. I will take notes and explain the new ways I have discovered to lose in a report.

Looking forward to your scenario in C25 about Burma! My fathers brother died there in WW2. SO they go to the head of the list.

Yes, WE celebrate Fathers Day in Canada. Actually every day is Fathers Day when the whole family is here!!

PS --- I have played GO for over 50 years and he (Daniel) has never beaten me in several hundred plays. So we have our talking points.

Best regards, William

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks William! Terrific that you are enjoying the NG battlepack so much, and great that you have such an able opponent in the family. I look forward to reading about how you like M12, M13, and the C3i scenarios!

(My Daniel and I, along with his little brother Andrew, are currently beating on each other in a 3-way test game of "Andean Abyss". Daniel is the Government, Andrew is the right-wing paramilitaries, and I'm the left-wing FARC, so to a degree the two brothers are forced to work together against Dad. Very good medicine for them.)

Best regards, Volko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.