Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
Malaysia
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the purposes of destroying village cards... such as when instructed to do so by a RAID effect, do you count Hero card stacks as village card stacks? What about basic card stacks (if any are left over?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sids Creations
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to both, raid states both hero & village cards as "basic" cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Malaysia
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why this doesn't quite make sense to me: There are raid cards that target heroes, those that target village, and those that say BOTH. If Heroes are considered part of the village, then why specify BOTH on certain cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you Robert, if some cards state Heroes and Village specifically one has to assume than the ones which only states Village can't affect heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One would think from a design intent that they would not want heroes and basics to count for Raid as it pertains to Village Cards. As it is, the least expensive is going always hit Militia and Militia and a 2 cost basic for the double. The most expensive Village card Raid effect will hit the hero stacks with a high frequency.

In another thread on the main TS board, someone mentioned that the original rules called Heroes and Basics as Village cards (No confirmation on that as I do not have a v1.0 rules handy). However, v1.4 and the DS rules do not refer to Hero cards as Village cards. The Basics are still mentioned as Village cards.

Based on that information I would say the the Hero Cards do not count for the Raid monsters that only say Village cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
houjix1138 wrote:
In another thread on the main TS board, someone mentioned that the original rules called Heroes and Basics as Village cards (No confirmation on that as I do not have a v1.0 rules handy). However, v1.4 and the DS rules do not refer to Hero cards as Village cards. The Basics are still mentioned as Village cards.

This is incorrect. The v1.4 rules have in bold on page 7: "Heroes are Village cards." The Dragonspire rules say the same thing on page 8.

It doesn't make sense to me to count hero or basic cards as village cards for raids, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
houjix1138 wrote:

This is incorrect. The v1.4 rules have in bold on page 7: "Heroes are Village cards." The Dragonspire rules say the same thing on page 8.

It doesn't make sense to me to count hero or basic cards as village cards for raids, however.

Hmm. I swear when I did a search for Village card that never came up. Oh well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hackman
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This also raises the question of Elite Militia. The rules explicitly state that EM are Heroes as well as Militia. However, they are placed with the other village cards and have the village icon.

So do EM get destroyed when the raider destroys village cards? when the raider destroys hero cards? Both?

There are Siege weapons that tell you to destroy a hero whenever you buy a hero and others that tell you to destroy a non-hero whenever you buy one. In that case it seems clear that you would only destroy an EM after buying one if the "destroy a hero when buying one" siege card is up.

So what do we make of the fact that for Siege effects they use the term "non-hero" but for Raid effects they use the term "village"? It seems like this would mean that all cards are village cards but only some village cards are non-hero cards. Yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Regular Militia are both Basic (because they have the Basic card icon) and Hero (because they have the "Hero" trait). Likewise, I think that Elite Militia are supposed to be both Village (from the icon) and Hero (from the trait) cards.

So the "non-hero" Siege effects can destroy any Basic card other than Militia, and any Village card other than Elite Militia, whereas Raid cards can destroy any Village card including Elite Militia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread right here indicates that village are the 8 non-basic and non-hero piles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.