Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
Malaysia
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation: I defeat an enemy in the dungeon and then turn over a card to refill the dungeon. The card that refills the dungeon has a "Stalk" effect. At this point, who is the active player? Me? Or is it the next player over?

Right now, we are played that you are the one who defeats the monster and turns over the card to refill the dungeon, then YOU are the one who gets hit with the stalk effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dion Baxter
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We always play it that way as well.
(I hope it is right.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sids Creations
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe your turn is not "over" until the dungeon hall is refilled. So you are correct in that you are the target as you are refilling the dungeon as a result of your actions during your turn. Consider it your clean up phase...
It works the same way with treasures, you get them not the player who's turn it is next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's the way I play. The player that defeats a monster or sends it to the bottom of the deck is the one that refills the hall and thus is still the active player to receive stalk tokens, treasure or be the active player when a trap is revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Malaysia
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way that made the most sense to us as well.

Rules clarification by committee! I love this place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Escher26 wrote:

That it is also correct helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Escher26 wrote:

That it is also correct helps.
Is "Active Player" ever defined in the manuals anywhere? You can infer it from reading the long outlines that detail the steps and phases of a turn because "refill hall" is before the end of your turn.

It's a little odd, given just how many times "Active Player" appears now in all the various rulebooks. It looks like a special phrase that would warrant definition somewhere along the lines. Maybe it is and I've just missed it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yap Kitty Yap Yap
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a bit beside the point, but I rather like the flavor of the stalk rule. The next monster sees you in the dungeon killing something and says, "I'm going after that guy."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be worth noting that, assuming the summary on the back of the Wrath manual is correct (don't have access to a full manual at the moment), the hall is refilled and any breach/trap/etc effects go off before the current player discards his hand and draws a new hand for the next turn. I'm assuming Stalk works the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Shufeldt
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Other than the cards & the Card Glossary, the rulebooks use the word "active" in 3 areas:

Treasure cards,
DL rulebook pg 5 & 12
DS rulebook pg 16 & 17

Disease cards,
DL rulebook pg 9

Breach effect:
TS rulebook pg 19
DS rulebook pg 20
This is where the current "player" is refered to as the "active" player.
"...before the active player discards his hand and ends his turn..."

Traps, Treasure, Global Effects, Raid, & Stalk, all take place before Breach Effects (if any).

I was not able to check TWS rulebook as it is not available online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dork Angel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your turn ends when you discard and redraw your hand. Until then you are the "active" player. Re-filling the dungeon happens before this which means anything revealed when you refill the dungeon affects the hand you entered the dungeon with (i.e. Traps and Stalk effects).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.