Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark J
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Various operations specify that air units in range can participate in an attack. But it's not clear to me when, if ever, air units can participate in defense. If you have air units in range of an area under attack, can they join in the defense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 25744. saneperson
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:50 am
Mark Goss
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Air units 'defend' during combat by being paired up with an eligible opposing air unit (if applicable) and 'firing' back at the attacker.

I believe that only the Current Operations player may add or include additional air units to a combat. The non-OP player doesn't get to include or add any additional air units. OP# 11 allows the UK player to intercept AR movement (with the noted exceptions) but this would bring up the combat routine which is the for most all attacks. Line 'em up and fire away!

Hope this helps.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have n't played this game yet, but it looks to me that:-

The Brits do n't have any air units as such. So, if the Argies airforce are in the same area as the Brit CVL and all the Brit screening ships are engaged then Argie planes can use anti ship against the Brit CVL. Brit would use anti air against the Argies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.