Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Replacement Parts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Buensuceso
United States
California
flag msg tools
This is one of those "can't seem to find a similar problem on the site" thread, as this is, well, a problem I can't find on the site.

I will be leaving for a three-week trip and I was planning on bringing my copy of BSG along for the ride. However, after opening all the parts since two months, I noticed that two plastic connectors (the small ones that actually connect the dials, not the "base" ones that slip under the board) have gone missing: one for a dial and one spare. I was hoping if anyone has any advice on how to resolve this issue as I feel really uncomfortable with not having an operational dial.

But to the main topic, I have contacted FFG in hopes that I can find replacement connectors from them. Unfortunately, I will be leaving early Tuesday morning, so that would leave them one whole day to complete my request and hope it gets shipped to me in time. Of course, this seems like a complete stretch as I don't think I have seen companies be this prompt for a customer. Does anyone know how FFG handles replacement parts? I know they're good with sending parts when a package came with missing or defected components, but what about replacement items? Do they require a proof of purchase? Do they demand a high price of payment along with shipping?

I understand Days of Wonders only offers card replacements for their Ticket to Ride games and nothing more, so I am not sure if Fantasy Flight has a similar policy with their games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
As in every box five connectors are included, and you only need four, don't you have a friend (or a friendly geek living in your neighborhood) with a copy of the game who is willing to give you his spare?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is great about replacing missing/damaged parts whether they were bought directly from them, bought aftermarket, acquired secondhand or whatever. I don't know that you'll get the parts quickly enough, but I'm certain that you'll get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Buensuceso
United States
California
flag msg tools
Heheh, unfortunately, no one I know owns a copy (or plays board games for that matter), so that rules out that option. It's a shame I lost two of the same type of connectors, so that leaves out my spare. This is what happens when other people "clean up" your board games and simply toss all tokens and cards into a single pile in a box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
MerroStep wrote:
Heheh, unfortunately, no one I know owns a copy (or plays board games for that matter), so that rules out that option. It's a shame I lost two of the same type of connectors, so that leaves out my spare. This is what happens when other people "clean up" your board games and simply toss all tokens and cards into a single pile in a box.

How did they pop out from the board?

But yeah.. FFG is great for replacement parts... although this time of year it might be slow(It's con season!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Marshall
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a quick/temporary fix, how about a brad?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=paper+fasteners+bra...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RichardHMarshall wrote:
As a quick/temporary fix, how about a brad?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=paper+fasteners+bra...

I was about to suggest the same thing. These should hold you over until you get the replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loose Cannon
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG sent me a replacement card free of charge, when I asked them for a new one, I even offered to pay for it or shipping, but they just mailed it to me. Only took a couple days to get it in the mail. Course I'm in michigan.

I didnt even have to explain how it got destroyed

JM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
I will not be able to replace my defective component for sure.

Since I don't have many people around me to play the game, I asked for the 1 and 2 player rules for the game when I bought the base game.

After a few tries of solo games, I discovered that nothing else than the bottom of the box was cut a bit. It's just a small section of the edge on the side that cracked, but it is enough for the weight of the components inside to push the bottom down to make the spot that was cut to weak to hold the box together for a very long time.

I still see this as a pretty new game, as in terms of usage, but I already posses the game for too long to be able to exchange it. I can store my game in another box or storage case, of course, but I really don't like a game storage to not look like it would have been with an intact original game box.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem, if there is a solution that would apply to what I want? If not, any other suggestions, perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not entirely sure I understand, but can you just reinforce the problem area with some tape inside the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
Well, I guess I could do that, but I'm still going to see the damage on the outside. The top layer on the outside has been damaged bad enough to see white lines, like which damage you would be able to see if a cardboard punchboard has not been laser cut properly enough (damaging the top layer of a token when punching it out). I tried some paper glue, but it's still very easy to notice and it is still very fragile, because it won't stick for long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.