James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi All,

Just a quick one hopefully.

Could someone please clarify the rule differences between a 2 player and 4 player game? the more players just seem to make the game easier and easier...

The things that I'm already aware of are.....
> the max number of monsters on the board
> the max number of monsters in the outskirts
> the health of the boss monster at the end....

is there anything else that i'm missing?

I think that I read that if you have 5+ players, pull out two mythos cards per turn but I may be mistaken. If this is right... would anyone mind telling me what page it's on? - cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know that's it I think. But you also need to close more gates to win the game since when you close all the gates you need to have closes off more gates then there are players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yes, there is that one. I'd forgotten about it because I've never seen it happen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most significant difference is the Gate Limit. With more Investigators, a smaller number of gates open will awaken the GOO (pg. 20, 24). The game is certainly easier with four Investigators than with two or three, but the reduced Gate Limit is a real headache.

BTW, with five players, you place two monsters on newly opened gates (pg. 10)... you do not draw two Mythos cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.