Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Heimann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Teddy Riot
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

since the game is released by WotC the first thing I thought when I saw the board was: Finally...Axis & Allies Fantasy

So, how does the combat and movement system compare to Axis & Allies ?

Next thing I thought was...Sidequests (DUngeons) that can be fulfilled by heroes (or some troops) besides the main game: Finally...Runewars with dice

Is the dungeon system anywhere near Runewars ?

Does anybody think similar / totally different ?

EDIT: Typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Heimann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Teddy Riot
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn`t notice the review from Dan Zuccarelli when writing this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Conceptually, the game is very similar to Runewars. It looks similar too, aside from the modular board in RW. I've played RW a bunch, and read the rules now for CoN, and CoN looks like it will play easier - a lot fewer bits to worry about, the game mechanics are much simpler in CoN. Don't be fooled by this, though, CoN looks like it has a lot to offer in terms of strategy!

A difference is that the heroes can fight (and fight well) in CoN, where they really don't (except one, sort of) in RW. The diceless system in RW is a bummer, too, but can be easily improved by rolling d20s instead of drawing cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way heroes (and other things..) were implemented in Runewars was pretty horrible. If they have done a proper job plus made a game more combat focused I can see a possible crowd pleaser here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.