Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteo Badinelli
Italy
Lonato
Brescia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
17 August 1808 - After disembarking the combined forces of England and Portugal met with the french army near the town of Rolica.

After exchanging some gunfire the french artillery find itslef out of supply and it's compelled to live its position on the hill, clearly to the dismay of general Delaborde.

The firefight goes on unabated and the french light infantry decimates a british line infantry (nearly killing general Wellesley) and a portuguese light infantry. Colonel Trant, with perfect timing, leads a daring charge and breaks the french left flank.

Following the allies example the british infantrymen with a bayonet charge reach the gates of Rolica where a french cavalry unit is stationed with a line infantry. A bloody battle ensues, the french retreat leaving the town.

Seizing the moment colonel Trant routs the left french cavalry. (well, this was a very lucky throw)

General Delaborde calls the retreat toward the second prepared defense line but unstoppable colonel Trant charges his last cavalry and destroys it completely.

The allied forces win, Delaborde watch the battlefield and plans his new move for the oncoming battles.

The aftermath

A fast, furious and bloody battle, can you think of a better way to spend sunday afternoon?
I personally think not, this has been a tight game: while the number favored me as the british, my friend Mattia squeezed his riflemen for their best shots and took a heavy toll on my infantry. Luckily the portuguese were quite unstoppable changing the balance of the battle in my favor.

I discovered how much light infantry hurts (3 hex range with +1 die is simply devastating, especially on a hill).

A very nice game, too bad I'll have to wait another week for a rematch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Light infantry is only 2 hexes range. Only the british Rifle Light (not present @ Rolica) has a range of 3 hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.