Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Seely
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
Do I lose technology levels if a lab is destroyed, or does it just set me back as I try to do further research?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The latter, I believe. I could not find a reason to drop tech in the rulebook, so this is how we've been playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't spell it out, but I see no reason to assume you'd lose tech. Its not the labs that grant you the tech, its the taking of the Research action. Once you've made the discovery, its yours.

The labs just allow you to be eligible to research a particular technology. If you lose labs that's going to make it pretty hard to research further in that tech path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Do I lose technology levels if a lab is destroyed, or does it just set me back as I try to do further research?

You cannot lose technology once you have developed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Seely
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers. We recently finished a game where no one wanted to destroy the labs on planets because it would give the player the ability to research other areas once he had built all of the available labs.

Great game, just waiting for the expansion (hint hint)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.