Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Amazon.com Quick Picks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Riker
msg tools
If everyone else already knew this and I was just really slow, I apologize.

If you go to Amazon's Gold Box 'Today's Deals' page linked at the top of their website, they have a section of the page called Quick Picks which shows stuff they think you'd be interested in based on your history, all with an additional discount coupon. I know Amazon doesn't always have the best price out there, but if you're not ordering enough to get free shipping elsewhere, it can be a viable option. So if most of your browsing on Amazon is for games, that's probably what they'll offer you deals on.

The fine print: You won't have access to the deals until you've made your first purchase from Amazon. They have different items offered to you each day. You must add them to your cart from that Today's Deals page to get the discount, and then buy them within one hour of putting them in your cart. You can only take one of the deals per day. I think that's most of it. They of course have all that info on their site.

A few examples of what they're offering me:

7 Wonders - $34.14
Dominion - $28.92
Citadels - $17.83
Catan - $31.92
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
This should be in the deals forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Riker
msg tools
That's what I thought at first, but the post of rules said it has to be about a specific item at a certain price. And this is about Amazon itself as opposed to a limited-time deal for some specific thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Hot Deals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Ferris
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are relatively normal online prices for all four of these items.

Also, this is the "Hot Deals" forum. I know the OP didn't post this message here originally, but since this isn't really a deal (just Amazon's random semi-personalized paltry discount generator)--let alone a hot one--it definitely shouldn't have been moved here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Discussing Retailers forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've never been to a forum where people were so particular about where a thread was supposed to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ullrich

Cherry Hill
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsfury wrote:
I've never been to a forum where people were so particular about where a thread was supposed to go.

*Shakes head sadly*
I'm sorry, we're going to have to move that to the Complaints forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Q
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Burn the land and boil the sea...
badge
You can't take the sky from me...
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, but now it has to go in the "Humourous Snarky Sarcastic Comments" forum! Damnit, I'll never be able to track this thread...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marx09 wrote:
Oh, but now it has to go in the "Humourous Snarky Sarcastic Comments" forum! Damnit, I'll never be able to track this thread...

I believe this post belongs in the "Taking a joke too far" Forum.

(said with tongue firmly in cheek)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Nyholm
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
To get it back on topic..

While the Quick Picks are usually about 5% off, make sure you check the price on the item listing before you add it to your cart from the deal page. Some times the quick picks are actually more expensive than if you were just to go to the item itself and buy it from there.

For example (and not game related, but still..) my quick picks today offer me some guitar picks for 3.84, while the actual price on the page is 2.99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsfury wrote:

There are a lot of forums here. Keeping things well organized makes it far easier for people to find what they're looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.