Popular Tags: [View All]
Willie Illie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This post was inspired by this thread, in which the idea of limiting dogma effects to neighbors, ala 7 Wonders, was raised. In that thread, I suggested that drafting might also be borrowed from 7 Wonders, and,
angelkurisu wrote:
I messed around with a draft start, but it's definitely a variant.

Something like:

Each player draws a 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 to start the game. They choose one to foreshadow, and pass the rest to their left. Repeat three times, and return the remaining two cards.

Start the game as normal.
...and,
IirionClaus wrote:
I was thinking maybe you draft the first two cards of the game (each player gets three cards, chooses one, passes, chooses one, last card is shuffled back into deck).

My original thinking was along the lines of IirionClaus's idea, except with players starting with two cards and passing/receiving one before normal play begins. Chris's variant pleasantly surprised me, and I love the strategic (as opposed to tactical) considerations it would add. I'm not overflowing with additional ideas at the moment, but it was suggested that another thread be created to keep the discussion separate from the thread it started in, so here we are.

EDIT: clarity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
While I imagine it would be difficult to consistently build card synergy during the draft, having early forecast cards from the game's outset would present interesting strategic choices as the game develops.

I'll try it with the base game next chance I get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.