Popular Tags: [View All]
Bonaparte
United States
DesMoines
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So to make sure I am doing this right, I am starting the first scenario. The chaos level is 80. The directions say to do "3" chaos rounds the first turn. So I draw 8 events, then another 8 or more if the choas level has increased, then I draw another 8, more or less if the chaos level has again changed. So I can expect to draw 24+ events before I get started. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds about right. It seems strange at first, but once you start playing, you'll see that it works out.

One of the things it does is populate the board for you, so you have opponents and things to do right out of the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
That is correct. 24 chaos chits. You'll soon have a galaxy full of rebels, usurpers, Alien messiahs, Alien swarms and pissed off troops demanding pay shake

Welcome to the Galactic Empire!

-Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bonaparte
United States
DesMoines
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilFromIT wrote:
That is correct. 24 chaos chits. You'll soon have a galaxy full of rebels, usurpers, Alien messiahs, Alien swarms and pissed off troops demanding pay shake

-Phil

So, any advice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave Davies wrote:
PhilFromIT wrote:

-Phil

So, any advice?

Sure. Read http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/566611/a-beginners-guide...

A shameless plug, true, but it'll get you started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My advice is to spread your forces evenly around the galaxie. During the course of the game, the luck (or absence) will even out. Doug's guide is indeed very usefull to learn the basic strategy. I also tend to do more conversion than military combat, as soon as I have enough illumination markers and good leaders in play. Do not underestimate the strenght of a leader, even if it is costly at first.

Just to make sure we understand right, you draw 24 straight events, no matter what happens, or is it possible, for example, that the third round of chaos events you may draw 7 because you lowered the chaos index due to an event the previous round? It didn't happen to me yet (it would surprise me you could drop chaos by 10 only with events), but it may be possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.