Subject: Wobbly Rodan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
Thanks to those of you here on BGG I was forewarned about Rodan's wobbly nature. First thing after opening the box, I took Rodan out of his slot. Onto the table he went, fell over. Stood him up, fell over. "Squawk. Squawk," said Rodan.

So I cut out a corner of the countersheet (sorry for the blurry photo but Rodan's squawking made me shaky):

And with some thick superglue:

Rodan was still squawking, not liking to be separated from his Kaiju bretheren still in the box.

After the glue had dried, I made slits in the base area of Rodan's slot in the plastic insert so that the cardboard base would fit.

Rodan is all ready for transit to game night! For a stand-up, knock 'em down drag-out fight!

If this base falls off I might glue some thin neodynium magnets to the feet and put a painted metal cut washer in the box. Or pin a metal rod through the tail region (a sort of prosthetic tail).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody tried the hot water/cold water treatment on Rodan to get his feet evenly sitting on a flat surface?

The card base is a great idea. I imagine the larger circular GW bases (cavalry) would work as well if you want to have a more 'polished' finish. You might need to make a bit more room in the insert though if you want him to fit back in his recess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ham
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
I used one of the fire markers as Rodan's base, and attached him with double-sided tape. The fire marker looks great, and the loss of a pond and fire token was an even trade for a stable Rodan. At least to me.

Besides, my group has wanted to pimp the game out with some custom fire markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Litko do some really cool fire markers in laser cut acrylic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pasting the ole drunk Kaiju to one of the tiles is what I[ve been suggesting . . . I think, ergonomically, the problem is the figure is top-heavy (bad center o gravity) with no tail to balance.

rhb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Stewart
United States
Bowie
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A nickel painted black and stuck to Rodan with a glue gun worked for me.

Using a corner of the counter sheet blends better with the board.
(and is 5 cents cheaper)
Great Idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.