Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think for the sake of symmetry it might be fun to come up with a minor benefit in the game for having universities. Anyone have any good suggestions?

I was thinking of letting players move up in the turn order for the net surplus of universities they have over the other players: if Amy has 3 universities, and Bob and Cindy only have 2 each, Amy has a net surplus of 1 and moves up one space in the turn order between cycles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure whether this is needed. Athena, in the later game, might well be the hottest potato around, while in the early game she's often perceived as practically useless - it's a nice shift in power. What this change would do is make her more desirable from the start, but the bidding process already makes sure that nobody pays more for Athena than he thinks she's worth (including turn order position etc.), so I'm not really sure such a power boost is actually needed at all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you that it isn't needed: Athena is one of many, many aspects of a great game that work really well as is. I just think we might be able to come up with some simple and minor benefit that adds a little building symmetry for those who want it: just a fun tweak for added variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
With Hades, you could allow university to reduce the price to buy a Hero as temple for creature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.