Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Explosive Cat Diarrhea...

It turns out that if you give an adult cat an entire bowl of milk and he won't lift his head out of it long enough to breathe because he's too busy gorging...yeah; there's gonna be kitty-tummy repercussions later.

This will:

1. Prevent you from getting dressed up to go out for the evening until it's been 'dealt with'.

2. Make you EXTREMELY glad you've got wood floors and not carpeting in the bedroom, and (sub-point)

3. Provide you with a huge sense of relief that the laundry pile usually located in the "splash zone" had been taken down to wash just that afternoon. Also...

4. In a roundabout way earn you 'Good Hubby' points for being the wielder of the towels and spray bottle.

---BE ADVISED---
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep this seemed like Cat Ownership 101 type stuff when I first got my cat. Everyone told me right off the bat dont give cats milk in a saucer. You see it on TV and all that but it gives them horrible diarrhea.

Sorry you had to find out the hard way, but good going on the brownie points! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Yep this seemed like Cat Ownership 101 type stuff when I first got my cat. Everyone told me right off the bat dont give cats milk in a saucer. You see it on TV and all that but it gives them horrible diarrhea.

Sorry you had to find out the hard way, but good going on the brownie points! laugh

Yeah, something about the hydrodynamics of the saucer causes the chemical construction of the milk to break down into a more digestive system-unfriendly substance.

Serve it in a cup instead and kitty will be just fine. Try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nasty. Thankfully, my roommate doesn't feed his cat anything that would cause her to do that. She is a Persian mix though, so she is constantly coughing up hairballs. I've gotten really good at catching them. As soon as I hear her hacking, I can grab her, move her off the carpet and onto the dining room floor and put a paper towel under her, just in time for easy clean up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, the warm, wet feeling of fresh hairball. I know it well.

Actually, with the hairballs I think the cats are just trying to get me to mop the house...one square foot at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.