Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the game's website it sounds like there are 160 total - 40 rare, 40 uncommon, 40 infrequent, and 40 common. Can someone please confirm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct, 160 different pieces of art.

The gallery of the art for unbound can be found here:

http://www.dungeoncrawler.com/ecg/gallery_01_pg01.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thanks for the prompt response. I will order this game today. Just trying to figure out what to order. Will probably go for one starter and all five dungeon delve packs. (Much better than the ccg format.) That should ensure I receive at least one copy of every card (if I understand it correctly). Also, I assume if I buy all five delve packs, I'll have plenty of cards for multiplayer games (i.e., I don't necessarily need to buy a starter for each player as I can use cards from the delve packs for the decks of other players).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With 1 full set, you can easily play solitaire, cooperative (2-4 players) and a 3 player multi-player game as well.

As there are 12 adventurers (1 copy of each) will allow for 3 players in multi-player to have four adventurers each. The dungeon and crawler decks only require 40 cards each for multi-player and cooperative (solitaire goes to 80).

There are two quests found in Delve Pack #5 that are geared towards aggressive competitive play; Dragon Slayer and Knowledge is Power (don't use these in your 1 set cooperative or multi-player games). With a 2nd starter OR 2nd #5 Delve pack you can play Dragon Slayer. Knowledge is Power requires 3 copies of Delve pack #5.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That does help. Thanks again. I am trying to convince one of my gaming partners to pick up a starter set as well. (The $115 for one starter plus all 5 delve packs maxes out my budget!) I noticed Dragon Slayer and Knowledge is Power are included in some of the campaigns. Does that mean you need additional copies of delve pack #5 to use these in the solo campaign?

Also, the link on the website to cooperative campaigns isn't working. Are these campaigns still in development?

Look forward to playing the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Links fixed for campaigns! Previously they were called Quests, but we felt their might confusion in the title and had that changed to campaigns. That link was a legacy.

The campaigns were designed with a full 4 max card set in mind (as we designed the game as a CCG initially), however, we suggest players that do not have enough of certain cards to substitute to their liking!

As Dragon Slayer or Knowledge is Power can not be accomplished with 1 set, you can swap them out with other easier to solve quests like Den of Evil or Stars Align.

We also would love to see players post their own quests in our forums that they would like to challenge other players with - of course adding their own story to the challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for fixing the link and answering my other questions.

Order placed. Please ship immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Buffing
Netherlands
Almere
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With a purchase of the starter plus the 5 delve sets, are there any campaigns, as written currently playable?
What exactly are the cards in the delve and starter decks? Will you end up with 1 of everything, or maybe multiples of some? Will there still be cards missing that were only obtainable from the booster packs (like certain rares?). What exactly makes a card rare in a game with this kind of distribution, I see if you buy a 4 starter deck pack you will have your rares 4 times, but doesn't this also count for the commons, since at 160 unique cards commons are as rare as rares?

Confused! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nico,

Sorry for the confusion, I'll give you a bit of a back story here. DC was originally designed as a CCG with two products a starter and a booster box. The starter was always supposed to be fixed (all the same cards), while the booster box was supposed be randomized only within the booster box (if you bought 1 you got the rest of the set). The manufacturers got it wrong though and randomized the boosters completely.

Since then we converted the booster boxes in to what we call the delve packs, basically what they were intended to be, only smaller bite sized chunks.

So, to answer your second question; if you buy the starter and 1 of each delve pack, you will have exactly:

1 of each rare
2 of each uncommon
3 of each infrequent
4 of each common

To answer your first question about the campaigns; no. The campaigns were designed with a complete collection maximum of x4 of each card available (including rares) - however, we encourage people to modify our suggested campaigns and fill them in however they would like. Variety is the spice of life after all. We expect that people will post their own dungeons to challenge others on our forums and swap ideas. Many are very close and require only a little modification as-is, for example:

http://www.dungeoncrawler.com/ecg/campaigns_unbound/ancient-...

- Massive Animated Tree is Uncommon (x2), but this campaign calls for x4.
- Wild Naga is Infrequent (x3), campaign calls for x4.
- Ambush is Infrequent (x3), campaign calls for x4.

Add in something for the above missing cards and you have your campaign.

Also to address this concern, I will pull together some campaigns that utilize 1 full set of cards only rather than the maximum 4 sets of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Infyra wrote:
With a purchase of the starter plus the 5 delve sets, are there any campaigns, as written currently playable?

hi Infyra, we now have a single set campaign series available. Cheers!

http://www.dungeoncrawler.com/ecg/campaigns_unbound/fullset-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Buffing
Netherlands
Almere
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that is great news. Ill see at the end of the month if I have enough spare cash to order this game from you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.