Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to be travelling with a choir around Spain for 2 weeks.

June 30th - July 3th Barcelona
July 4 - Valencia
July 5 - 6 Granada
July 7 - 8 Seville
July 9 - 11 Madrid

Does anyone know of any game stores I should check out?

I'm not fully sure of my schedule as I will have some concert rehearsals and performances, but I am free a couple of days if anyone knows any drop in gaming groups
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to thumb this as probably the most unusual heading to a Forum post that I have ever seen!

thumbsup

Good luck however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well thank you, if the title catches the eye then it serves the purpose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should add that I'll be singing concerts July 2nd in Barcelona, July 6 in Niguelas and July 10 in Avila if anyone is interested whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Segura
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edensong wrote:
I am going to be travelling with a choir around Spain for 2 weeks.

...July 9 - 11 Madrid

Does anyone know of any game stores I should check out?

Welcome to Spain pretty cool weather over here, do not wear warm clothes

I can recommend a shop specializing in board games, placed in Galileo Street (near Moncloa neighborhood, one of the most famous in Madrid, close to the University). The name of the store is "Generación X", full address is "Calle Galileo 31, Madrid". The store is small but is plenty of boardgames, I like a lot to visit from time to time.

Enjoy your trip and good luck!

[Edited: there are 2 Generacion X shops, one in Galileo 14 and other specialized in board games in Galileo 31]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Zamora
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Madrid:
Generacion X, calle Puebla nº15 and another one store in c/ Galileo 31

Enjoy the gamestore, enjoy the games.

For a club, Club Runa.(eurogames and some wargames)
http://clubruna.foro-activo.es/
Avenida De los Fueros 36, Albergue San Fermin

http://maps.google.es/maps/ms?oe=UTF-8&hl=es&ie=UTF8&msa=0&m...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the info guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Barcelona check out:

Store Central de Jocs (wargames)
Numància 112, Barcelona
T 933222570
centraldejocs.com

Store JugarXJugar (euros)
Avinguda Gaudí 39, Barcelona
T 934366447

Store Gigamesh (euros, go and wargames)
Passeig de Sant Joan 2 local 5, Barcelona
T 932462121
gigamesh.com

Club Alpha Ares
Mir Geribert 8 soterrani, Barcelona
alphaares.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amparo
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If you only stay one day in Valencia, will be difficult to meet someone to play, any way if you need something you just have to say.

This is an online store in Valencia,(in english) they can hand deliver if you tell them what day you are in Valencia, if you have any questions, I can help you

http://www.juegamestore.es/index.php?route=common/home

have a nice trip meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Alemany
Spain
Oliva
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are visiting Valencia I also recomend going to Imagenes, in Pelayo Street (Near the train station).
There are 4 imagenes shops (Comic, Manga, Board Games and Merchandising).
The one you are loking for is in Pelayo sreet (Just two streets left from the station), but you can find some boardgames in Imagenes fantasy as well (two streets further, just before arriving at FNAC).

There's also another shop called "Gremio de Dragones" in Benimaclet, in the outbounds of Valencia, with playing tables and gaming groups (Most of them ara magic groups). Great place but a bit difficult to get there (sorry I don't know the address).

Don't expect to find the same assortment in Valencia than in Barcelona or Madrid. The difference is quite big.

And as for Barcelona, somebody mentioned "Gigamesh". You should know that most of their boardgames are in English! I think that's the right shop for you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Moreno Serrano
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Join us every Tuesday night at the Woking Gaming Club!
badge
Interested in knowing in which games I'm working at the moment? Send me a geekmail to discover!
mbmbmbmbmb
Talking to my family yesterday (they live in Seville), they are already at 43ºC (110ºF) and in July it won't be any lower than that. If you are really unlucky, they reach a maximum one or two days in summer where they go up to 50ºC (122ºF), so get mentally prepared for that, although you being from Texas should have not much of a problem enduring the heat...

As for board game shops in Seville, my favourite is Nostromo http://www.level426.com/nostromo/lv426_fix.asp?eidfix=3 in Calle Zaragoza, 11, which is in the centre. They have games both in Spanish and in English, although the selection of games will be greater in Spanish.

There are plenty of good tapas bars in Seville, some very good value, others more expensive and elaborate. Temperature at night could remain as high as 38ºC (100ºF)over the entire night, so be also prepared for that.

Enjoy Spain, try as much Spanish food as possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Valle del Kas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost
mbmbmbmbmb
sprocket314 wrote:
Talking to my family yesterday (they live in Seville), they are already at 43ºC (110ºF) and in July it won't be any lower than that. If you are really unlucky, they reach a maximum one or two days in summer where they go up to 50ºC (122ºF), so get mentally prepared for that, although you being from Texas should have not much of a problem enduring the heat...

As for board game shops in Seville, my favourite is Nostromo http://www.level426.com/nostromo/lv426_fix.asp?eidfix=3 in Calle Zaragoza, 11, which is in the centre. They have games both in Spanish and in English, although the selection of games will be greater in Spanish.

There are plenty of good tapas bars in Seville, some very good value, others more expensive and elaborate. Temperature at night could remain as high as 38ºC (100ºF)over the entire night, so be also prepared for that.

Peter must be calm, summer weather in southern Spain is like Houston...

You can consult the weather prevision in this web: www.eltiempo.es

http://www.eltiempo.es/houston.html
http://www.eltiempo.es/sevilla.html
http://www.eltiempo.es/barcelona.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Moreno Serrano
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Interested in knowing in which games I'm working at the moment? Send me a geekmail to discover!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bethesda wrote:
sprocket314 wrote:

Peter must be calm, summer weather in southern Spain is like Houston...

You can consult the weather prevision in this web: www.eltiempo.es

http://www.eltiempo.es/houston.html
http://www.eltiempo.es/sevilla.html
http://www.eltiempo.es/barcelona.html

The one I use is the official one from the Government (http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/sevill...) but yours is equally good.
I also like that the probability of rain in Seville for any day usually is 0%, zero chance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the advice!!!!!

Living in Houston I can just about cope with the heat, though I am originally from Norwich, England, so I was kinda hoping for some cooler weather SIGH

I'm one of the tour leaders so I'm not sure how much free time I will be able to swing, but I hopefully can check out some of these

...and if anyone wants to meet for some tapas and gaming let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eloooooooi .
msg tools
Hey Peter,

I would be glad to meet you in Barcelona and give you a free tour if you're up to it. I can take you to the most popular gaming zone in Barcelona so you can take a look at the shops and so on.

What do you sing exactly? Just curious about it

Take care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help everyone! I've made it to Barcelona and I'm hoping to get away from rehearsals long enough to check out one of the stores in town :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made it to Gigamesh and Kaburi. Thanks for the advice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Valle del Kas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edensong wrote:
I made it to Gigamesh and Kaburi. Thanks for the advice!

i hope you liked it, and that any offer would have found
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made it to valencia and saw one of the shops near the train station but they wouldn't let me off the choir bus. I have 2 nights in Granada and 3 in Madrid so hopefully I will have some time there if rehearsals don't take too long.

There are no other games on the tour so the 2 games I purchased in Barcelona are still played, though I did get a group on the bus to play Time' s Up to help prevent boredom :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Valle del Kas
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edensong wrote:
I made it to valencia and saw one of the shops near the train station but they wouldn't let me off the choir bus. I have 2 nights in Granada and 3 in Madrid so hopefully I will have some time there if rehearsals don't take too long.

There are no other games on the tour so the 2 games I purchased in Barcelona are still played, though I did get a group on the bus to play Time' s Up to help prevent boredom :-)

Funy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Moreno Serrano
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edensong wrote:

I really hope you write an article about the whole experience whenever you finish your tour.

I also don't understand why you are interested in buying games in Spain, being from the States, where games cost half the price, I suppose that you might find some rare game that is not available home or just buying games as souvenirs instead of the typical touristic paraphernalia.

I hope you enjoy Granada and Sevilla (I was born in Granada and lived in Sevilla for 20 years...).

All the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edensong wrote:

So, what did you buy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a guess and bought a Weiner Knizia game about jewel trading, and a copy of Famiglia by Freideman Freese. Both are probably available in the U.S. but its hard for me to enter a boardgame shop without purchasing something. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edensong wrote:
I took a guess and bought a Weiner Knizia game about jewel trading, and a copy of Famiglia by Freideman Freese. Both are probably available in the U.S. but its hard for me to enter a boardgame shop without purchasing something. :-)

I know the feeling...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.