Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jed Litwiller
United States
McPherson
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this be a decent entry to the wargaming genre? I'm totally interested in the space theme but have never played real wargame (closest thing would be Memoir)

Jed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dishbird wrote:
Would this be a decent entry to the wargaming genre?

For me, being in a similar (or same?) situation as you, the answer is "yes".
See A Wargame for (Solitaire) Space Gamers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the looks of the rules, I'd have to agree. The "Basic" rules look both simple but still a lot of fun to play, and it's easy to expand from the basic to the Advanced and optional rules at whatever pace you'd like.

The only thing that's missing is the toy factor - i.e. I have found it's much harder to get other non-wargamers to play a wargame unless it's got cool figures. But otherwise I think this would be an excellent way to start wargaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jef Addley
United Kingdom
Leatherhead
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
----snip----

The only thing that's missing is the toy factor - i.e. I have found it's much harder to get other non-wargamers to play a wargame unless it's got cool figures. But otherwise I think this would be an excellent way to start wargaming.

This is a good point looking at the new WizKids startrek maybe those would be good Get some nice models with a click base showing number in the group...but this kinda thing is likly to cost so it may be better to leave to people to buy the levels of models they can afford

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dishbird wrote:
... but have never played real wargame (closest thing would be Memoir)
Jed
and that aint a real wargame. Have you tried High Frontier that isn't a wargame but in the expanded (full) game combat occurs. It's a mighty game of space exploration though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.