Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colin langton
United States
California
flag msg tools
That was actually the case on release, but it was amended in the rule book at the last minute because lum was too strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Lum with no-action 2-gem was basically soft-banned on the development server because he was ridiculously, overpoweringly strong. You could play him on autopilot and rarely if ever lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yeah I can vouch for these guys that the no-action 2-gem for Lum was too powerful to the point of semi-ruining the game. It was a last minute fix to avoid disaster (to make it require an action), and he *still* came out as one of the most powerful characters. That said, I do have more in store for Lum in the someday-to-be-released Puzzle Strike Upgrade Pack. Someday Lum will be more of a Gambling Panda!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo Andy
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the modified Lum (PW costs an action) is still not terrible. He's boring as all get out (which is completely opposite his flavor) but just pure game mechanic-wise, he's still middle of the pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.