Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesus Cañada Ramos
Spain
Barcelona
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the planned 'on sale' date, or some teasers about the rules, or maybe some beautiful photos about the components... you know

It seems like an agricola+kings&things 'mix', but without more info is quite difficult to maintain the hype whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[x] All of the above.

We're about to finalize the rulebook, so it shouldn't be long before you get to see it. With some luck, there will be the first copies at GenCon.

A short summary: each player has a Fiefdom board with 49 empty spaces that wait for little underlings to be placed there, so they can earn ressources and victory points for you. Unfortunately, the King loves to spoil your plans by inventing a new tax, demanding your knights for his petty wars, or plundering your silos because he's hungry. There's dragons, bandits, giants, festivals - a semi-tactical game full of Tom's feared humor.
We love it so much that we broke the Iron Rule "no dice in a Lookout Game".
Need to say more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Leonard
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanno wrote:
With some luck, there will be the first copies at GenCon.

Looking forward to this one, so I hope it makes it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanno wrote:
We're about to finalize the rulebook, so it shouldn't be long before you get to see it.

"...it shouldn't be long"... you mean :
a few days ?
2 or 3 weeks ?
one month ?

Thanks, and forgive me for my impatience

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just now correcting the English Language version of the rules. I, too, hope for soonness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Naumann
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I had the opportunity to play an early version of it. It was weird: The game contains a lot of things I don't like. The roll of the dice is important, the event cards have the potential to overthrow you carefully planned strategy, your troops have a 50% chance to die in combat (making you lose valuable members of your society)...

But I loved it.

It has this special appeal which a game has only once in a while, when the whole game is more than the sum of its parts.

It is so nice to fill one's fief with these neat little counters promising resources, abilities and such. And it is also very nice to be shabby to your competitors and gloat secretly (or not so secretly) over their careful plannings going awry.

And it helps that a game is not uberlong. I for once can't wait to buy the final polished version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game!

My only question is whether I can still visit the Queen while the King is off galavanting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanno wrote:
We love it so much that we broke the Iron Rule "no dice in a Lookout Game".

Wow, I know how important that rule was to you, Hanno, so that does impress me.

Now I can't wait for the English rules to be posted so I can see what brought the Iron Rule to its knees!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Unspecified
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmb
An ETA for shipping in the US would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Simpson
United States
Platteville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanno wrote:
We're about to finalize the rulebook, so it shouldn't be long before you get to see it. With some luck, there will be the first copies at GenCon.

I guess this didn't happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
At Gen Con, Zev suggested there was a good chance the English version would be at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My educated guess is week 35/36.
During the proofing cycle, one file had to be redone. That accounts for 4 weeks of delay. But now everything got the "good-for-print" status, and as soon as there's a gap in the card printing schedule we can be squeezed into, off we go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, I told Zev straight up he should send Tom Wham to Spiel to assist with demos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Dean
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomwham wrote:
I'm just now correcting the English Language version of the rules. I, too, hope for soonness.

I'm still really interested in this. How close are we to some English language rules to read through?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uncle G wrote:
tomwham wrote:

I'm still really interested in this. How close are we to some English language rules to read through?

Ask Zev. ;-)
The game has been printed on Wednesday, can't be long until it hits the stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.