Subject: Expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Hartig
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard about expansions (more ships, cards, etc.) for this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Egan
United States
Fort Myers
FL - Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude. The game hasn't released yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the nature of the game and the target audience, I'm sure expansions are planned. Whether we see them or not will entirely depend upon the success of the core game sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Fuhs
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fred22 wrote:
Has anyone heard about expansions (more ships, cards, etc.) for this game?

Just completed my Pre-order & was logging in to ask the exact same question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Lefebvre
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think on Wizards of the Coasts's blog, or site, or whatever, they mention expansions in their description of the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael leers
Germany
dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmb
hard to say remember starwas duell the game was 100% for expansions but it never got one singel.
even bg maybe they wait for the sells the game is near as a standalone game.

expansions wold be first, new ship models, charakters ,and astroids and so.

but new races would be a bigger part as an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Expansions?G
I'd be fine with the non-blind Heroscape style expansions - small blisters with a few ships (unique and squadrons), some larger expansions, and periodic big box starters games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read somewhere that there were originally 6 or 8 factions designed, and they just picked the most fun 2 for the first set.

I would expect eather sets completely stand alone but compatable (2 new factions and all the whistles each) or single faction boosters that were not stand alone but without the whistles (board etc)

I dont care eather way in those reguards i am likely to buy them all either way. however when it comes to expanding existing factions we run into the issue that all ships and squadrons are unique. so you would not be able to buy multiples of the same expansion unless they modified the rules to allow generic squadrons and ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Littlefield
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be cool if each faction followed the formula of 1 capital, 2 squadrons, 3 medium sized, and then expansions built off of that.

Edit: I see now it's 2 medium sized and a single small ship, not 3 mediums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Caracappa
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenixio wrote:
I think on Wizards of the Coasts's blog, or site, or whatever, they mention expansions in their description of the game...

Check page 4 of the manual. Under the Ship Card breakdown, letter P, Faction symbol...

"The faction that the ship card belongs to. There are two different factions in this game set (Wretch and ISN), and more in future game sets"

I haven't even gotten a play in yet and I am totally excited for expansions. Plus I have so many add-on ideas for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Fuhs
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dillosaur wrote:
2 squadrons

I want MORE squadrons! Everest can handle 4, iirc (cards not in front of me). If not, I envision a "carrier" type spacecraft to hold 4 squadrons & the single "commander" ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.