Popular Tags: [View All]
Maciej Sorokin
Poland
Glasgow
Poland
flag msg tools
Proposition of tournament rules for LotR

Hello,
I will try to do a tournament in the future ( in 2/3 weeks ) for lord of the rings, but I don't like the FFG rules for tournaments , so I try to do my own

My goal was to make a 1v1 game.

Two players sit opposite each other, then we determine the starting player.
We need two encounter deck for this game.
The first player shuffle his deck and do the set-up for it. ( i will name him Y )
The second player ( I will name him M ) don't shuffle his encounter deck ( the deck is segregated near M), but do the set-up too.
Both players have the same encounter deck.

lets make Y be the first player.

The game start, both players do the 1st and 2nd phases consecutively, first Y then M.
All the 3rd phase is first done by Y ( in this moment M search his encounter deck for the same cards that appeared during the staging )
Then he proceed to his 3rd phase knowing what card will arrive in play.
Then both players do the 4th and 5th phase consecutively.
During the 6th phase Y fight against the minions of Sauron blind, because he don't see the shadow card,( M search his encounter deck for the shadow cards that appeared in this moment ), so M will know what card will come into play , and he will be prepared for this fight better then Y.
M do his 6th phase seeing all the shadow card. ( in this phase each players fight against his minions not the other players minions )
Then they proceed to the 7th phase

During the second turn the 1st player marker switch between the players , in this situation the second player will be favoured.

The game end after all the players end his quest.

Because many players use and abuse the Gandalf ability , the scoring in the end will be same as in a normal game + 5 pts for each turn played .

All the global effects from cards like the Galadhrim's Greeting, Miner of the Iron Hills, etc. will have his effect on both players Y and M, just for more fun

I will suggest to ban :
Wandering Took, for his overpowered ability in this situation.
In some situation maybe : Gandalf and Galadhrim's Greeting

In the fact it's a 2 players game where each players play alone , the player who build a better deck and control it well will win.

I will suggest to play a quest with the difficulty level between Journey Down the Anduin and Escape from Dol Guldur, I prefer the hardest one
I this case the quest will not be too easy and too hard. I don't have the Gollum expansion.

I tested this system with a friend, with Passage Through Mirkwood once and it work.

I know there are some annoying elements and other bad things that maybe need a change.

Tell me what do you think about those rules ,if they are stupid or not, maybe some changes or suggestions ?

Thanks to all the readers, sorry for my bad English

Good luck
Mustafa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
MustafaPL wrote:
Proposition of tournament rules for LotR

Hello,
I will try to do a tournament in the future ( in 2/3 weeks ) for lord of the rings, but I don't like the FFG rules for tournaments , so I try to do my own

My goal was to make a 1v1 game.

Two players sit opposite each other, then we determine the starting player.
We need two encounter deck for this game.
The first player shuffle his deck and do the set-up for it. ( i will name him Y )
The second player ( I will name him M ) don't shuffle his encounter deck ( the deck is segregated near M), but do the set-up too.
Both players have the same encounter deck.

lets make Y be the first player.

The game start, both players do the 1st and 2nd phases consecutively, first Y then M.
All the 3rd phase is first done by Y ( in this moment M search his encounter deck for the same cards that appeared during the staging )
Then he proceed to his 3rd phase knowing what card will arrive in play.
Then both players do the 4th and 5th phase consecutively.
During the 6th phase Y fight against the minions of Sauron blind, because he don't see the shadow card,( M search his encounter deck for the shadow cards that appeared in this moment ), so M will know what card will come into play , and he will be prepared for this fight better then Y.
M do his 6th phase seeing all the shadow card. ( in this phase each players fight against his minions not the other players minions )
Then they proceed to the 7th phase

During the second turn the 1st player marker switch between the players , in this situation the second player will be favoured.

The game end after all the players end his quest.

Because many players use and abuse the Gandalf ability , the scoring in the end will be same as in a normal game + 5 pts for each turn played .

All the global effects from cards like the Galadhrim's Greeting, Miner of the Iron Hills, etc. will have his effect on both players Y and M, just for more fun

I will suggest to ban :
Wandering Took, for his overpowered ability in this situation.
In some situation maybe : Gandalf and Galadhrim's Greeting

In the fact it's a 2 players game where each players play alone , the player who build a better deck and control it well will win.

I will suggest to play a quest with the difficulty level between Journey Down the Anduin and Escape from Dol Guldur, I prefer the hardest one
I this case the quest will not be too easy and too hard. I don't have the Gollum expansion.

I tested this system with a friend, with Passage Through Mirkwood once and it work.

I know there are some annoying elements and other bad things that maybe need a change.

Tell me what do you think about those rules ,if they are stupid or not, maybe some changes or suggestions ?

Thanks to all the readers, sorry for my bad English

Good luck
Mustafa

This is quite funny. it is like you copy the game and meet the same problem as your opponent. And also you can see (when you know the shadow card how is working from the both side) But there is 1 problem. you must to check you opponents to be sure he is not cheating and replace his shadow cards with the same game text. How about that::: Everything same but before you deal a shadow cards to your opponents enemies you draw from your encounter deck 2times more shadow cards than enemies he have. He have 2 enemies you draw 4 cards and so on. And than you choose from this cards which you will deal as a shadow cards and discard the other. Than you will effect your opponents with power shadow effect. And he will do same also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.