Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Acadians were expelled from Nova Scotia by the English in 1755. A team from Saint Mary’s University has found evidence that English immigrants from Connecticut then built their homes on Acadian stone foundations:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/06/22/n...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
max raymond
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been known for a long time! What is the point with the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tournedisque wrote:
This has been known for a long time! What is the point with the game?

Not for everyone: Only for those who enjoy leading edge info that adds greater appreciation / depth / details on the situation their wargaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Robot
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

As an Acadian I am delighted that anyone anywhere other then Atlantic Canada and to a lesser extent the Louisiana has any interest Acadian history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
Probably not the best to put this in the news thread as it has no news about the game's release or update or sales or publisher comments, which is what is generally found in the news thread for a game.

I can definitely see that, but there's no better option....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
General would have been better.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
General would have been better.

Could be.
Although of ALL the many such posts for games I've made (more than I can count off the top), all responses have been none-to-positive ~ except in this one case. Given those odds, I'll stick with what works (no rest at all for the weary Acadians...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Peso Pete wrote:
I just ordered this game on the Treefrog website last night. Now my question. Does anyone know how long it will take for them to ship to the US?

Julia knows:
julia@treefroggames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from A Few Acres of Snow to OT forums
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Moved from A Few Acres of Snow to OT forums

= the dead letter file
Wow, do the anal retentives* whine that much? Apparently, the 5 positive responses to this post are smothered by the immature tantrums of 3 (= the only negative responses I've EVER gotten posting wargame-content NEWS)!

*stunningly pathetic: the virtual file category = everything, content = "wha'?!?" ~ every office has'em -- BGG ain't my job (but Scott Adams would l-o-v-e this)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Siller poster... expelled by admin
Quote:
Only for those who enjoy leading edge info that adds greater appreciation / depth / details on the situation their wargaming.

Speaking of pathetic.

Was this just a really slow day for you, where you had nothing to say, but didn't let that stop you from typing?

So you really think posting info that is far from "leading edge" is going to "help" other people "add greater appreciation/depth/details"?

And of course, they will thank you for adding to their enlightenment!

The only immature tantrum I see is yours. It wasn't news. It wasn't of ANY value, it cluttered up the threads, and you're blasting people for not praising you?

By the way, look again. The only "positive" comment you got was from the Acadian who said he'd be thankful for any notice.

But then, if you thought the original was news, then I can stretch and see how "when will my game arrive?" might be counted as a "positive response" by you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ridgeway
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Quote:
Only for those who enjoy leading edge info that adds greater appreciation / depth / details on the situation their wargaming.

Speaking of pathetic.

Was this just a really slow day for you, where you had nothing to say, but didn't let that stop you from typing?

So you really think posting info that is far from "leading edge" is going to "help" other people "add greater appreciation/depth/details"?

And of course, they will thank you for adding to their enlightenment!

The only immature tantrum I see is yours. It wasn't news. It wasn't of ANY value, it cluttered up the threads, and you're blasting people for not praising you?

By the way, look again. The only "positive" comment you got was from the Acadian who said he'd be thankful for any notice.

But then, if you thought the original was news, then I can stretch and see how "when will my game arrive?" might be counted as a "positive response" by you.

yawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.