United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
To avoid sneaking into the AEG home office ninja-style to find out more info, I thought I would post some questions here...

1) I love the idea of multiple missions, so the guards don't know exactly what the ninja is up to. How many missions are there? Is the game flexible enough to handle more missions, either fan-made or official expansions?

2) Having a traitor among the guards is pretty cool, too. How does this work? It doesn't sound like it's a hidden traitor mechanic, like Shadows Over Camelot. I can't figure out how this would work, especially when you say the intruders don't need to cooperate. Any hints you can drop as to how this all works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The missions are, at the moment, generic. That does not eliminate the possibility of action-oriented missions to be included in an expansion, but we wanted to keep the base game accessible and easy to learn, the better to expand awareness of the L5R property.

2) The traitor is an intruder, and can be played alone, cooperating with the ninja, or competitive against the ninja. He has different strengths and weaknesses, and very different card powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also with regard to the missions, they are generic, but they are hidden from the ninja when he starts (and the traitor). So his mission may be 'kill the daimyo' but they have no idea where the daimyo is. The guard players assign where all the various objectives are before the game starts. Then the ninja draws an objective, as does the traitor. So they know what they're after, but don't know where it is, and the guards know where everything is, but don't know which one the enemies are after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it certainly sounds better than THIS game...

AND it has better ninjas!

SWEET!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughthammer has it up for pre-order with an MSRP of $50. Is that correct? Was it announced anywhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.