Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David J Schaffner
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I resized Tank On Tank with a re-textured/enlarged game board, and with new counter artwork for using upright stands. My friend Bill and me enjoyed trying it out this afternoon, and got in four scenarios in about three hours of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
FlyXwire wrote:
I resized Tank On Tank with a re-textured/enlarged game board, and with new counter artwork for using upright stands. My friend Bill and me enjoyed trying it out this afternoon, and got in four scenarios in about three hours of play.

One person looks like I do when I play wily older buggers like you.
Perturbed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J Schaffner
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Perturbed.

I never sleep the night before a gameday (yep, still get excited even at my age).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool pics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J Schaffner
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tank On Tank on Steroids
Thanks Peter!

When I made up these bigger counters (out of "Shrinky Dinks" oven-shrinkable plastic), I doubled their numbers and also made AP chits up to 7 points in value. I would sure like to know (perhaps experimenting myself eventually), how increasing proportionately the number of unit counters for each side in a mission might effect the game play?

The basic motivation here being a desire to increase the overall size of the forces for each side (and trying to employ section/platoon-sized units as the minimum formations provided per each unit type). Having played a few scenarios now (two from the Line Of Fire mag too), the missions do seem finely crafted and balanced to go either way, so I wonder how increasing the force strengths might potentially distort this balance.

Any thoughts by you Peter, or anyone else who enjoys Tank On Tank care to advance their ideas on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest issue from my perspective with increasing the available APs is players will feel less pressure to move & shoot as groups & will worry less about when the turn ends. As has been pointed out in the past, it's more efficient from a percentage standpoint to fire individually, but the AP system caps the number of shots you can take as a balance - 4-6 APs should mean more individual shots.

Glad you're enjoying the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
FlyXwire wrote:
hipshot wrote:
Perturbed.

I never sleep the night before a gameday (yep, still get excited even at my age).

Plus Rumor has it Pink is the new black T-Shirt for avid gamers. the 4 day old slept in leisure suit is sooooooooooo over rated. Whats that smell? Oh its Kevin!
Do you guys play other LnL titles?
I would love to play WaW against someone on Vassal live someday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J Schaffner
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jormungandr wrote:
The biggest issue from my perspective with increasing the available APs is players will feel less pressure to move & shoot as groups & will worry less about when the turn ends.

That's the kind of explanation I was looking for.

Perhaps not increasing the APs, but increasing slightly the number of HQ units available (interjecting more ability to maintain unit cohesion and therefore enabling larger forces greater potential for coordinated movement/fire)?

Even something like creating a reinforced infantry platoon with intrinsic command and AT support, for missions with more substantial defensive elements on-board. (?)

This is the first LnL game we've played, but the fast-action, albeit clever interplay appeals very much to us. Got us thinking how far we might tweak the force mixture before we break the thing......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.