Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
frank gallagher
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Working through my first game, and one aspect of the rules seems, well, wrong. Units are only in communication with each other in the same card if neither unit is pinned AND they're under the same cover marker (or neither is under cover). What about a Platoon HQ rallying a squad when both are under same cover marker but one or both is pinned? In this case they're not in communication with each other, so the squad can't be rallied. A pinned squad is never in communication with any other unit unless it has a phone or radio, which is almost never, since those go to HQ's. So there's no way to rally a pinned squad under normal circumstances. I must be missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The errata for the first edition rules had this:

4.3.1 (Correction):
Add to the end of this section: “Exception: The recipient of an Attempt to Remove a Pinned Marker Action or an Exhort Action can be Pinned and still be considered in Visual-Verbal Communication.”

That doesn't seem to have made it into the second edition rules (at least not that I've found), but it probably should be included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.