Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
How would you combine the two?

Personally, I like the idea of a "pure" zombie/t-virus monstrosity manor, and a pure "Las Plagas"/cultist manor.

The rest of the resources can be mixed-up or used to vary the gameplay? (I really don't mind that the flashbomb would be VERY different in importance in the two games.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bushido Brown
msg tools
So far my gang hasn't combined the Infected decks, but we have experimented combining all the weapons via a face-down random draw of approximately 4 weapons + the 2 basic ones (combat knife, handgun). We also draw characters from the mixed set of 22 available (10 1st edition + 2 promo + 10 alliance).

We try to keep the resource area to between 16-18 piles, and that leaves room for 3-4 ammo/gold (4 if you use Treasure), 1-2 healing items (Green herb, Red herb or First Aid Spray), 6 weapons and that leaves room for 4-6 action cards.

We haven't tried mixing action cards from both games, but will probably get around to it shortly. We tend to favor Partner Mode, and were a little worried how some of them would work in this gameplay mode.

The characters from the 1st edition can also be somewhat problematic for Partner Mode, hence we usually draw 3 characters from the face-down pile of 22, and then pick the 2 we want to play with (discarding the 3rd).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Gesumaria
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We combined both infected piles the other day and played that you need to kill both bosses to end the game.

We had a blast. The game lasted CONSIDERABLY longer and made it so a run away victory wasn't easy. It took a while but everyone was at "Almost won" status by the end. VERY close and VERY tense game. We liked it a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hornberger
United States
lockport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Joseph how long did the game take, if you don't mind me asking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.