Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bland
United Kingdom
Grassington
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What can I say? Someone had to do this eventually

(NB: Images above edited 10th July 2011)

Play tested him last night (alongside Doctor Strange versus Yig (we won)) and had a hoot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be something about his ability to kill other members, like if he goes into combat and another investigator is there with him, that investigator is immediately knock unconscious.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
His base sanity should probably be lower.

Also, you might add something like, "Leeroy may automatically defeat all monsters at his location at the end of his movement phase. If he does this, a monster emerges from every open gate."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Change "Fool's" to "Fools" and you've got something!
Love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bland
United Kingdom
Grassington
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
Change "Fool's" to "Fools" and you've got something!
Love it.

How'd that apostrophe get in there?

Thanks. I've now updated this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It just occurred to me that you wrote a whole backstory—a tongue-in-cheek one at that. Appropriate memetic adaption of "at least I have chicken."

I love how he stood up and declared "let's do this" to nobody in particular and left without paying. Minimum sanity, maximum will, and minimum sneak were all highly appropriate choices.

Also, this is the first character I've seen who's started with the Sword of Glory, but it made sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I thought of one more suggestion.

It's hard to enforce an ability that is contingent on a "promise." That is, you pay the sanity up front, but what happens if the player changes his mind? It would be a hassle to undo his extra movement.

Instead, maybe "Fools Rush In" can be changed to:

Movement: After Leeroy defeats or flees from a monster, he may spend one stamina to continue moving.

And his other ability might be clarified to say:
Once per turn (or phase if you prefer), Leeroy may re-roll one failed Will check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan DeCourcy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, I'm glad to see that I'm not completely nuts...I've tried making the perfect Leeroy Jenkins with friends before.

I no longer have our attempts but I do remember that we also started him with The Sword of Glory, and that he had some ability such as: Leeroy may never evade monsters, and if he starts his movement adjacent to a monster he must attack it (If adjacent to multiple monsters, attack either the largest stack, or the monster with the largest evade modifier). However, he does not have to take Horror Checks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.