Subject: About Spiritwalking rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
How does the Spiritwalker ability act in those cases :

1. With Tetherys' ability, i.e. can she change where she fires from too ?

2. Assume Tobin has the Spiritwalker ability. Can the OL make Tobin fire from another character into himself ?

3. Does the prohibition from area-effect-firing against oneself act against the physical or spiritual position ?

4. If you are required to count adjacent figures (e.g. for Brawling), do you count both figures adjacent to your physical and spiritual positions ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This FAQ answer seems to apply to 3 & 4:
Quote:
Q: Does a hero using Spiritwalker to attack benefit from Command if his actual space is in range of the commander or if the hero through whom he is spiritwalking is in range of the commander?
A: The attack is made as if the attacker were in the space occupied by his ally, so he only receives the benefit from Command and similar effects if the ally’s square is in range of them. However, the hero is always in range of himself, if he has the Command ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Merrimac wrote:

1. With Tetherys' ability, i.e. can she change where she fires from too ?

Tetherys's ability reads: "Tetherys may change her target after rolling for an attack."
Emphasis mine. "The target" of an attack is a defined game paramater, specifically it is the space or spaces affected by the attack (not the figure(s)! Attacks target spaces, not figures.) This is the only parameter she can change, so no, she could not change the ally she was attacking "from" via Spiritwalker. That ally is in no way related to the "target" of the attack.

Merrimac wrote:

2. Assume Tobin has the Spiritwalker ability. Can the OL make Tobin fire from another character into himself ?

With Dark Charm, I assume. The answer is yes, he can use Spiritwalker (and any other skill the hero has, so long as it doesn't require the hero to expend something like fatigue to use it) to do as you describe. Do note, however, that for the duration of the attack, Tobin's allegiances are reversed - Spiritwalker requires you to pick an ally within 10 spaces (5 spaces in RtL, actually), and during a DC attack, monsters are Tobin's allies, not other heroes. But yes, the OL could pick a monster within range and shoot back at Tobin's space from there.

Technically, Tobin doesn't even need Spiritwalker for this, since Dark Charm explicitly allows the hero to attack himself (meaning his own space, natch.) The range from Tobin to Tobin would be zero, which is not great for his hero ability, but it can still be done (Laurel of Bloodwood hates it when this happens!)

Merrimac wrote:

3. Does the prohibition from area-effect-firing against oneself act against the physical or spiritual position ?

What prohibition are you talking about? A hero with an AoE attack is perfectly allowed to fire such that he includes himself in the radius of the attack if he wants to. It's not generally a wise course of action, but it's not prohibited either. A hero using an AoE attack through an ally with Spiritwalker could theoretically hit both himself and his ally, given the right circumstances. (Remember that during a Dark Charm attack, monsters are allies to the hero affected, so we wouldn't be talking about two heroes in that case.)

Merrimac wrote:

4. If you are required to count adjacent figures (e.g. for Brawling), do you count both figures adjacent to your physical and spiritual positions ?

You count figures adjacent to the ally through whom you are attacking. For all rules purposes, the attack originates from that location, not your actual location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Keller
Denmark
flag msg tools
Laurel of the bloodwoods special ability requires her to spend fatigue, which the OL isn't able to do while under dark charm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Grubsnik wrote:
Laurel of the bloodwoods special ability requires her to spend fatigue, which the OL isn't able to do while under dark charm

Good point. I forgot about that while writing my previous post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regis Etienne
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2. Spiritwalker ONLY works for Magical Attacks. I do NOT see the point in making Tobin a Magician... ;-)))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.