Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
48 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Mansions of Madness» Forums » News

Subject: Print on Demand expansion for Mansions of Madness (Season of the Witch) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Ritzen
Netherlands
Stein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2401
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to see the print on demand product line growing. Mansions of Madness seems like a good fit as well, since the cost of a new scenario is pretty much on par with the cost of a new D&D adventure. That said, I'm still hoping for standard big box expansions as well, as it would be great to have some new rooms and monsters to expand the game.

Judd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thanks. I was wondering if they might do this, make some PoD expansions for this game. I just hope my FLGS carries it, as I prefer buying there than online.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dusek
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm $20 with shipping for under 60 cards. I think I will wait for a big box expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
storm_knight wrote:
Hmmmm $20 with shipping for under 60 cards. I think I will wait for a big box expansion.

Another reason I'd like to get it from my FLGS

Though even with another BigBox, you won't see these adventures inside there, so I'll be quite happy to pick up this expansion.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must pick-up for me, 12 plays and MoM's tank is all but tapped out. Of course, 3 Objectives means just three more plays, but still...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
So is this a single scenario? It's hard to tell from reading the website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:

1 Will there be other scenarios that take advantage of the cards already available in this specific scenario?

I doubt it. FFG rarely puts out expansions that require other expansions (Arkham Horror: Miskatonic Horror Expansion being one of the only ones I can think of).

As for being a 1 scenario expansion, not sure. It is hard to tell from the website...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at a table next to the crew playtesting this a few weeks back. It sounds great. And the best use of PoD ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
To be honest, the price is stretching it a bit. With shipping to the UK it's just under $25, working out at around £15! For a small expansion!? Not too sure if these will get stocked anywhere in the UK but, if so, I'm hoping they'll be cheaper than that...

Of course, I couldn't wait to find out so just ordered direct from FF's website. Crazy fool that I am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Eisenhauer
India
New Delhi
Delhi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered. Thank you so much for pointing this out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Layout of the house looks interesting. Two-parter? Separate floors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered it immediately. I'm sure there will be a box expansion down the line with new minis and tiles, but this is nice to tide us over. Seems a tad pricey for one scenario, but not unreasonable I guess.

I am really pleased to see that Launius went right to the source and designed something directly inspired by actual Lovecraft stories. This is fantastic. Now if only there was Brown Jenkin miniature, done to scale of course it would be the size of a grain of rice.

First thing I'm going to look for is if the scenario uses Uncontrollable Urges. I hope they've realized how much that Keeper ability (even with its fixes) detracts from this great game and never include it in any future scenarios. Ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's madness when you have to pay $14.95 US for a small expansion plus $27.40 for shipping to Canada. Total price not including tax for this is about $42.35 US. I'm sure there must be cheaper methods of shipping internationally because I order online from other stores (expansions for Last Night on Earth from Flying Frog as an example) and the shipping cost is a lot less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old Man Jim
Australia
Caloundra
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
US$24.90 shipped to Australia. That's $23.73 Australian, according to xe.com.

So I've ordered my copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
It's madness when you have to pay $14.95 US for a small expansion plus $27.40 for shipping to Canada.

So buy/order it from your local store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek D
United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JJWonderboy wrote:
To be honest, the price is stretching it a bit. With shipping to the UK it's just under $25, working out at around £15! For a small expansion!? Not too sure if these will get stocked anywhere in the UK but, if so, I'm hoping they'll be cheaper than that...

Of course, I couldn't wait to find out so just ordered direct from FF's website. Crazy fool that I am.

Well I just noticed today on Esdevium Games' website that they're distributing Fantasy Flight's Death Angel print-on-demand expansions in the UK, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll do the same with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the exchange rate at the moment, it was a no-brainer to order this from FFG. $24.90 (including shipping) is a reasonable price IMHO.

I think POD will be the way to go for smaller expansions in between big box releases. The mere fact that my wife didn't bat an eyelid when I asked about spending the cash is a good indicator for me! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just about to order this right away until I saw the price. $15 plus shipping for a single scenario? YIKES! I think I'll wait to and see what develops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool Stuff carries the Death Angel POD expansions for $3.99 ($4.95 retail). Hopefully they'll pick this up too and we can get it for ~$12 shipped (assuming you can combine it with other items, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disgustipater wrote:
grahamj wrote:
It's madness when you have to pay $14.95 US for a small expansion plus $27.40 for shipping to Canada.

I don't think they sell Print to Order expansions in the local stores but if so all the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're borking on the price, here's a geeklist of fan-made scenarios. You can also go to the Chaosium.com site and internet for free Call of Cthulhlu adventures that you can adapt to Mansions of Madness.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/67310/fan-created-stories-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
Disgustipater wrote:
grahamj wrote:

I don't think they sell Print to Order expansions in the local stores but if so all the better.

They sold the SPace Hulk PODs at the FLGS in Vancouver. I imagine I'll be able to pick this up there as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:

Mine do, and said they'll be getting this expansion soon.

Also, the Print on Demand webpage says:
Quote:
Simply purchase the Print on Demand product from your local retailer or the Fantasy Flight Games webstore, and you’ll have a professionally printed and produced-to-order product that can be implemented into your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Poor Yorick wrote:
JJWonderboy wrote:

Well I just noticed today on Esdevium Games' website that they're distributing Fantasy Flight's Death Angel print-on-demand expansions in the UK, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll do the same with this.

Just noticed the very same thing. Curses for being so impatient. They seem pretty cheep too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.