Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Cowen
United States
Union Springs
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, the rules for this game seem interesting, but I have zero artistic skill and don't have the time and money to learn to paint/model. Are there pre-painted miniatures available somewhere? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from using a figure painting company like paintedfigs.com, the only thing I could think of would be to use Axis and Allies miniatures. I'm pretty sure they are really close to the correct scale. You'd have to get the figures separately on eBay rather than buying boosters.
Of course you might find yourself excluded from some tournaments for not using Battlefront official minis. I thought about creating a Flames of War/Axis and Allies army, then decided a) I really enjoyed painting minis--it was like reconnecting to my model-building childhood, and b) I didn't enjoy Flames of War that much. So now I get boardgames with minis and paint them--I have a gorgeous Battles of Napoleon set fully painted, and I'm halfway through Wrath of Ashardalon, with Earth Reborn next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cowen
United States
Union Springs
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oneoldgamer wrote:
Aside from using a figure painting company like paintedfigs.com, the only thing I could think of would be to use Axis and Allies miniatures. I'm pretty sure they are really close to the correct scale. You'd have to get the figures separately on eBay rather than buying boosters.
Of course you might find yourself excluded from some tournaments for not using Battlefront official minis. I thought about creating a Flames of War/Axis and Allies army, then decided a) I really enjoyed painting minis--it was like reconnecting to my model-building childhood, and b) I didn't enjoy Flames of War that much. So now I get boardgames with minis and paint them--I have a gorgeous Battles of Napoleon set fully painted, and I'm halfway through Wrath of Ashardalon, with Earth Reborn next.

Thanks for the reply. I tried painting and I'm horrible at it Especially when compared to the models in the books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If you are using A&A vehicles, you will find that the newer sets ("A&A 1939-45" or whatever) are much more consistent in vehicle scale, although the regular Sherman tanks are noticeably smaller than the other vehicles (including the special Shermans).

I've used A&A T-34s intermixed with Battlefront T-34s, and the difference wasn't noticeable from two feet away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can afford it, there are companies that offer their service in painting miniatures in different levels of paint scheme.
I'm no great painter myself, but I have learned a trick or two by searching youtube for Flames of War videos where paint guides are posted too. You can even learn how to make terrain too!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.