mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the expansion and base game card get mixed randomly into 10 decks at the beginning of the game? (I understand that the number the mix of card varies by number of players.)

Edit... this seems to be clearly answered as yes in the "Public and Private Information" section.

So I will alter the question a little.

Is there a preference as to whether start a deck with a new or old card on top? (or do i need to shuffle under a table to keep it random?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Illie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovation: Echoes of the Past rulebook wrote:
...create supply piles with the following number of cards in each:
2P: 3 Expansion, 6 Base
3P: 4 Expansion, 7 Base
4P: 5 Expansion, 8 Base
5P: 6 Expansion, 9 Base

Also note that each player starts with one expansion and one base card.

As for whether a pile has expansion or base on the top, it's supposed to be random. I usually just cut each deck after it's shuffled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
I do it randomly, but some like to do things like alternating blue/brown to make it pretty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried mixing all the cards to make an extra long game? If so, how did it work out?

-Munch "within their respective stacks, not together" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
Have you tried mixing all the cards to make an extra long game? If so, how did it work out?

That sounds like a very bad idea. If you wish to play more Innovation (and who doesn't?!), then just play more than once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
After last night's setup for the first game with the expansion (which is naturally longer anyhow), I am trying out keeping all the cards mixed though to see if it speeds setup. Easier to shuffle the bigger piles, and then just pull out what is not used in the game. I'll report back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.